Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Airbag Recall whos waiting

43K views 104 replies 27 participants last post by  Jeff16150 
#1 ·
Hi All, Has anyone had their car recalled and repaired

The reason I ask is that I was due to collect my new car from dealer 2 weeks ago and on the day was told cannot hand it over due to recall

Vauxhall have been aware of airbag issue for approx 8 weeks and still havent issued my dealer with rework instructionshas anyone succesfully had their car reworked and handed over

Or who are still waiting

Making daily calls to Vauxhall and still being told they are working on fix

#3 ·
From what I can gather from other members' posts on here, there are, apparently, air bag recalls, drive shaft issues and a software / firmware update for the 'Intellilux' LED headlights and my dealer (as of last Fri) knows nothing about any of them! :eek: :shock:

#4 ·
Several things are really p-ssing me of with this Vauxhalls total lack of concern over this customer care is shtt (dealer is doing his best but is being ignored )
Also as we had done all the paperwork ( it was only when they tried to tax it that DVLA made them aware of recall ) I now have a car that is registered in my name as of 28th SEPT and warranty, on star ,data, breakdown cover, service plan, sureguard, etc all start from that date
It is really peculiar that the motoring press arent reporting on thismaybe Jezza Clarkson needs to be notified :lol: :lol:

#5 ·
Here tool in the netherlands. Have been called before pickup about airbag issues and dealer is awaiting opel for clarification and fix.
Called last friday as I found out some cars are being delivered and some not. According to the dealer, the problem is with cars produced at a dertain period.
Dealer had no idea when opel would update them regarding the porblems, but he was hopefull it would be soon.

#6 ·
I have same problem in Finland. I have wait new car over 7 month and I call dealer last week and ask delivery time. Dealer didn't know why car is taking so much time but try to figure out that, after couple hours he call and tell that car is ready to delivery but there is secure issue and they don't know what that is and waiting information.... :-(

#10 ·
Astra2016? said:
Hi Relic,
Have you heard something? Last week the dealer called, he got an email from Opel that soon there would be more information. Now a week later still no information about how long it will take.
Not a word. Plan to check with the dealer end of week.
It is odd to say the least. How hard would it be to figure out an issue such as with the airbag and propose a fix.

#11 ·
I have 1.6t 65 Plate .I contacted Vauxhall Customer Services.Gave my Registration no.I asked to check for recall on Driveshafts .Airbag ect and there Reply is no recalls ot updates available for my car.So I take it the 1.6t is in the clear of defects and updates

#18 ·
I have been waiting my car since 15 september. Problem is unknown, It seems that there is no knowledge or willingness to solve it.
:evil: (Order placed on April)

I had doubts about OPEL/VAUXHALL quality. Communication can be rated to be level poor.

Problem has been there weeks. Weeks, has anybody thought that factory is not interested at all :x

#21 ·
If the Astra tourer estate is being held up due to airbag recall. All the estates that are being build in England for the European market as well as the uk. Just go to show dosen't matter where the car build uk Poland or Germany. If there a recall it affect all plants. But sorry but the Astra is far more better looking then the estate. If there one thing I like about it. The electric boot. That about it ;)

#24 ·
Relic said:
Just been notified that the delivery date has been postponed to 31-12
Just bizarre, no mention bout the reason. My car just sits there on their parking lot with licencing plates.
Absolute disgrace. If that had happened to me I would have cancelled my order.

#26 ·
Relic said:
Just been notified that the delivery date has been postponed to 31-12
Just bizarre, no mention bout the reason. My car just sits there on their parking lot with licencing plates.
Hi Relic, we can shake hands. Is it a lease or private car.
Is the license plate also registered on you're name/lease. I also have plates but there not registered on a name yet.
The dealer offered to give me an other Astra for the time being.
But at least we don't have to check every week of there is any progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.