Phone cradle

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Lowe
Astra Model: Astra K Sports tourer 1.6t Petrol
Astra Options: Dynamic
Astra Colour: Summit White

Phone cradle

Post by Lowe » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Still waiting for my car and planning things to buy..
I want another phone cradle then the poweflex thing.

I have been looking at the Brodit phone cradle. I have brodit in all my other cars and like them, as they fit without drilling.

BUT the one they sport for the Astra K sits very very badly and obstructs some of the buttons and will take my eyes further away from the road when dialing a number on the phone.

Have any of you seen anything that would fit in the left side of the nav unit? Across the ventilation ? (remind you my car is lhd)

This is the one i have in my Astra H, at the moment.
1.6t Petrol ST | Intellilux | Led Rearlights | Electric P Brake |Park assist | 18" Bi Colour Wheels | Intellink 900 Navi | Winter Package 2 | Keyless Entry | Electrical Boot

James 33
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4 turbo (with a drink problem)
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Re: Phone cradle

Post by James 33 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:41 pm

They make a phone holder that clips onto the power flex bar. Check the dimensions though as it won't hold the larger smart phones like my Galaxy note 3.
Emerald Green Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo

UKtekkie
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.4T
Astra Options: Intellilux, Parking, Winter, Sunroof, AGR, Climate
Astra Colour: Red

Post by UKtekkie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:53 pm

I've got the Powerflex Phone Holder but it's a pain. Mounting an iPhone horizontally doesn't work well when many Apps don't support a sideways view. It looks ugly and it's a pain to fit and remove the phone.

With Android Auto/CarPlay it's pretty pointless too. I always put my phone in the central console or the seat beside me and plug the centre console USB cable in to charge the phone and use CarPlay.
The big CarPlay display is easy to use and does everything I want.

The Powerflex holder doesn't support Android Auto/CarPlay which makes it especially useless. At least one person on here as downgraded from the PowerFlex holder to the basic shelf.

CarPlay is great and really well integrated. I wouldn't be without it now.
Red Astra SRi Nav 1.4i (150) with Intellilux, Parking Pack, Sunroof, Climate Control, Winter Pack, AGR seat.

ms5keroid
Astra Model: K
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by ms5keroid » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:21 pm

UKtekkie wrote:I've got the Powerflex Phone Holder but it's a pain. Mounting an iPhone horizontally doesn't work well when many Apps don't support a sideways view. It looks ugly and it's a pain to fit and remove the phone.

With Android Auto/CarPlay it's pretty pointless too. I always put my phone in the central console or the seat beside me and plug the centre console USB cable in to charge the phone and use CarPlay.
The big CarPlay display is easy to use and does everything I want.

The Powerflex holder doesn't support Android Auto/CarPlay which makes it especially useless. At least one person on here as downgraded from the PowerFlex holder to the basic shelf..
Thank you for your insight, I thought I should get Flex w/ Phone Holder, but my phone is slightly bigger than 150mm (159) so it probably wouldn't fit, plus I already have three USB sockets (one between front seats and two behind), so it's not like I need another thing to charge my phone. And good point about apps as well - you just saved me £100 :)
1.4T 150PS, Deep Sky Blue Dynamic (UK SRi Nav) w/ IntelliLux LED. Ordered Jan 27th, Arrived Mar 15th, Collected Apr 4th 2017

Lowe
Astra Model: Astra K Sports tourer 1.6t Petrol
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Lowe » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:53 pm

Yes that was some very good points that saved me spending the money to.

:mrgreen:
1.6t Petrol ST | Intellilux | Led Rearlights | Electric P Brake |Park assist | 18" Bi Colour Wheels | Intellink 900 Navi | Winter Package 2 | Keyless Entry | Electrical Boot

UKtekkie
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.4T
Astra Options: Intellilux, Parking, Winter, Sunroof, AGR, Climate
Astra Colour: Red

Post by UKtekkie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:24 pm

I've got an SRi so without the Powerflex bar and phone holder I'd only have one USB socket but I use a 12V dual USB adapter that plugs into the centre console giving three USB sockets in total which is plenty even for our family of five with severe Apple addiction.

I don't think I've ever used the Powerflex bar after trying it once or twice when I first got my Astra. Oh and the cable sticks out the right touching the drivers leg and you need an adapter as well as the USB cable to charge an iPhone as nobody seems to sell micro USB to Lightning cables.

Glad I helped save you money - it's the only option I regret buying. I can't stress enough how good CarPlay is though.
Red Astra SRi Nav 1.4i (150) with Intellilux, Parking Pack, Sunroof, Climate Control, Winter Pack, AGR seat.

Bs66

Post by Bs66 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 pm

I have a astra k 1.4t 2015 . Can I fit a shelf in the area where the power car goes . I've seen them on other astra k on a similar year

Bs66

Post by Bs66 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 pm

Sorry I meant power bar

kamalaggi
Astra Model: MY21 Elite Nav Premium
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by kamalaggi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:50 am

I had this on my J for over 5 years

https://www.punkcases.co.uk/products/ca ... IEQAvD_BwE

Works really well. Forgot to take it off when I sold my J. Astra K surface isn't flat so not sure how well it will work.

casuk

Post by casuk » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:32 am

I have the crappy phone holes shelf and bought the actuall phone holder to replace it didn't get used just sold it on Monday, I'd just leave it as is and put your phone in the center console