Fitting leather seats

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
Astra Colour: Red

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by Boroboy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Are the seatbelt pre-tensioners OK? As they'd set my airbag light off, until I'd realised they'd previously activated. So I swapped them over from my seats, then the airbag dash light went off.

casuk

Post by casuk » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Yeah look fine, the base is totally different to mine I have an air bag plug and on the leathers I can't find it at all plugged the seats in anyway and I got an airbag light straight away, refitted my seats and all is fine

Philich
Astra Model: 1.6 SRI VX Line Nav
Astra Options: Leather heated front and rear seats ,reversing cam
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Philich » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:42 pm

I would check for bent pins in the plugs and try fitting one seat at a time to see if the problem is on one seat or both

Also I am not 100% sure the later models have pre tensioners
Last edited by Philich on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boroboy

Post by Boroboy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:12 pm

casuk wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm
Yeah look fine, the base is totally different to mine I have an air bag plug and on the leathers I can't find it at all plugged the seats in anyway and I got an airbag light straight away, refitted my seats and all is fine
From memory my J eite had one large seat connector underneath the front carpet floor well which connected to my seats. That's the connector that didn't fit on mine, I had to chop it off & use my original seat connectors, as the wiring was the same. As you've just found out, it's not always as easy as you'd think. My seats were off a similar age & spec car too. The pre-tensioners are where your seat belt buckle plugs into. during an impact they explode, tightening the tension on your seat belt. when these have gone off, your airbag light would also go off too. When I fitted my previous seats I hadn't noticed that the pre-tensioners had gone off on them until after I'd fitted the seats :lol: I then swapped the pre-tensioners over from my old seats, airbag light went straight out.
To get to my front seat connectors I had to lift the front carpets up.

casuk

Post by casuk » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:48 pm

The pretensions are intact and not blown, either the buckle or belt tensioner on either of the seats, on my seats the seat belt is attached to the seat and there is a an airbag plug, on the leather ones the is no seatbelt, no air bag plug just the big yellow plug that goes in the floor so I was going to just switch the bases that's when I noticed the leathers don't have tthat airbag plug or it is not visible, I highlighted the bits missing from the leather seats and my seats, if the leather seats had the air bag plug I could have swapped the top seat section and kept the my own base with the seat belt ect all attached but there is no air bag plug to plug in so I'll have a dash light untill that's plugged in

IMG_20210408_205418.jpg

IMG_20210408_205544.jpg

Boroboy

Post by Boroboy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:52 pm

casuk wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:48 pm
The pretensions are intact and not blown, either the buckle or belt tensioner on either of the seats, on my seats the seat belt is attached to the seat and there is a an airbag plug, on the leather ones the is no seatbelt, no air bag plug just the big yellow plug that goes in the floor so I was going to just switch the bases that's when I noticed the leathers don't have tthat airbag plug or it is not visible, I highlighted the bits missing from the leather seats and my seats, if the leather seats had the air bag plug I could have swapped the top seat section and kept the my own base with the seat belt ect all attached but there is no air bag plug to plug in so I'll have a dash light untill that's plugged in
Sounds like it's starting to get complicated.

casuk

Post by casuk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:44 am

Mate I'm annoyed with it 😡 there just doesn't seem to be an airbag plug on the seat if that was there Im sure I could make it work,

Gunde

Post by Gunde » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:21 am

You say there's no seat belt on the leather seats ... there's not supposed to be. That is part of the tensioner which you should be able to just move from your old seats.

If there's no airbag plug you must be able to see under the seat that the wiring harness has been cut. Are you sure it's not just tucked away?
In any case, unless it was stated, I'd complain to the seller. The seat is not in "usuable condition" with an incomplete wiring harness.
Astra K 1.6 CDTi. Mods: Top level leather seats w/AGR, 360° 3D camera, heated armrest, dynamic turn signals, footwell and glovebox lights, light under boot floor, gear surround and door ambient lights, pedalbox, wood-look trim and black felt interior.

NIGHTCD
Astra Model: 2018, 1,6T Automatic, Dynamic, OPC-Line
Astra Options: All except sunroof
Astra Colour: White

Post by NIGHTCD » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:38 am

Are this some Insignia leather seats ?
the connector / pretentioner is diffirent on the Astra K and the Insignia seats.

casuk

Post by casuk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks I'll have another look, if it there I could get them in I'm sure I'll take some photos of the underside and post them