Nothing happens when I turn Ignition key

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Bs66

Nothing happens when I turn Ignition key

Post by Bs66 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:08 am

Morning . Quick question. Occasionally when I turn the ignition key nothing happens. When I turn it back and turn again car starts . I doesn't do this very often bit just enquiring. I have 2015 astra k 1.4 elite turbo .

gtis
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150 elite nav sport tourer
Astra Options: Front/rear parking sensors
Astra Colour: Lava red

Re: Nothing happens when I turn Ignition key

Post by gtis » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi
You might have to press the clutch
Look on the dash display next time
It happens
Mine does it an it a 68 plate 1.4t st
Neil
68 plate 1.4t sports tourer lava red

Bs66

Post by Bs66 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:54 pm

Thanks for that reply. I do that when I turn the key. It only does it very occasionally. Its not a major issue just a query in case it happens more often

VeiRoN

Post by VeiRoN » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:37 pm

Looks like the same problem I'm having,it started doing it occasionally and more and more often,in my case it has to do with the anti theft system, it's because somehow the immobilizer is not reading the chip in the key or the body control module is not receiving the information (I've already tried with a spare key as that was the easiest test to do and it's not the key).
I will be replacing everything from another Astra k with the same engine to try and solve the problem, everything needs to come from the same car as everything is coded to each other otherwise it will be immobilized when trying to start.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:07 pm

In previous vauxhall's i have owned, if the car did not see the immobilizer chip, it would flash the telltale in the instrument cluster to let you know that there was a problem.

I know there is a telltale also in the K, so if it is immobilizer related i would imagine this light, either lit or flashing ?
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

VeiRoN

Post by VeiRoN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Yellow solid light below ABS is the immobilizer system.

To update,I did try a new ECU,BCM, transponder ring on the ignition and key all coming from the same car so they're all coded to each other but it wouldn't work,ecu was immobilized,in the end I only swapped the transponder ring on the ignition to see if this is the fault,I don't have much hope but I will see how this goes.

IMG_20210113_213414_507.jpg

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm

VeiRoN wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:37 pm
Looks like the same problem I'm having,it started doing it occasionally and more and more often,in my case it has to do with the anti theft system, it's because somehow the immobilizer is not reading the chip in the key or the body control module is not receiving the information (I've already tried with a spare key as that was the easiest test to do and it's not the key).
I will be replacing everything from another Astra k with the same engine to try and solve the problem, everything needs to come from the same car as everything is coded to each other otherwise it will be immobilized when trying to start.
If the astra k electronics are anything like the astra h and j's then any ecu,bcm etc parts taken from a donor car would need divorcing from it. Then they need marrying to the receiving car. Also if I am not mistaken only vx have the k carpass codes.