sri with elite map - ideal

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
danx55
Astra Model: 1.4.t 150 sri nav
Astra Options: sport mode ;)
Astra Colour: power red..i think

Re: sri with elite map - ideal

Post by danx55 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:39 am

:D yes true i would have guessed stereo too ..... yeah think they went a bit too far with the deadening removal

bilboastra
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4T 150
Astra Options: None
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by bilboastra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:50 am

nsanderson wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:25 am
I think it appeared in some small print somewhere in about Feb 16 that the 1.4T 150 PS units (i.e. the SRi and the Elite) were losing the Watt's Link and the Acoustic Pack.
Of course, no one had a clue as to what the heck an 'Acoustic Pack' was (better speakers for the audio?) and the Watt's Link didn't seem like a big loss so I ordered a 1.4T SRi.
Only having been driving it for a little time before the advantages of the Watt's Link when driving 'vigorously' (i.e. no nervous back end!) and the benefits of better sound proofing ("oh, so that's what the acoustic pack is!") became apparent.

VX/Opel didn't do themselves any favours by removing those 2 fairly cheap components and I have to say that with them fitted it shows how good the chassis is and how quiet and compliant the car can be when cruising..
How much quieter is the 1.6T, and what actiually is the acoustic pack, if you lift up your boot liner do you have foam under it or something whereas I only see the metal underneath? Also you would think the Elite would have this.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:34 pm

The 1.6T has sound deadening in the wheel arch/wings, bulkhead and the under bonnet sound deadening pad which I believe comprises the Acoustic Pack.. Not sure about the boot but perhaps the spare wheel deadens some of that?
There's a picture of the parts that make up the acoustic pack here:
https://otopark.com/forum/threads/opel-astra-k-watts-ve-akustik-izolasyon-paketi-gitmis-mi.6695/

Result is significantly less road noise (I had both cars running on Michelin CrossClimate+ tyres) and less wind/mechanical noise (not that either engine is very loud).

Thing is the Elite does have this in 1.6T form and the 1.4T Elite & SRi also had it up until about January 2016.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

danx55

Post by danx55 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:56 pm

mmm...... i wonder whether my previous elite 2016 (sept i think) did have it still ...... as was much quieter ... hence the shock when i heard this one! :D

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:40 pm

The main road noise in the K is the wheels arches and boot area. If you turn your head when doing 40-50mph you can hear the dull roar coming 80% from the back.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

bilboastra
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4T 150
Astra Options: None
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by bilboastra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Does the bonnet insulation somehow reduce road noise as my engine is very quiet?

danx55

Post by danx55 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:30 pm

yes i guess it would .... do you have some then? lucky you if you do .... prob hides the fuel injector chatter too :D

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 pm

I had my dealer retrofit my MY 17 car , which had been ordered in MY 16.5 with the accoustic pack for free.

I guess my car missed out on the bulkhead element (must look to confirm) but it did get the underbonnet blanket and spongier under front wing liners.

My dealer also confirmed that the car should have had some of those small vertical spoilers in front of the front wheels and he put them on forward order as they were out of stock. They must be still out of stock since they have not arrived in the three years that i have had the car. These spoilers are on many cars and give about 1% less drag, strangely, not more.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

MOOGLEYS
Astra Model: 1.6T Elite Nav Sports Tourer
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by MOOGLEYS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:16 am

Mine has all the sound deadening and it makes a small difference. I’m still using the Turanza tyres though which are awful in every way inc road noise.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Yeah, for a quieter time, get rid of the Turanza tyres first - they're damn noisy and have poor grip!

Finston, I also asked about the vertical spoiler thingies and apparently (according to my local dealer) they couldn't be ordered on the Astra, even though the VX configurator showed them! The J had them and they were to deflect some of the air from the wheels and produce less noise?
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Return to “Main Astra K chat”