Elite to Sri

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Celery82

Elite to Sri

Post by Celery82 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 am

Is it me or are the differences between the Elite and Sri quite big when it comes to driving? It's almost like driving two totally different cars!

I purchased a black elite 1.4 turbo auto at the end of October and despite being reasonably impressed with it, there was something that just about that didn't make me 100% happy.

I went back to the dealer and got speaking to a salesperson who shared the same opinion and suggested the Sri. After a quick test drive in one I was sold.

In comparison the elite I had felt stiff and rigid on the road and sluggish of the mark. The car had only done 7k so maybe wasnt broken in fully. The alloys didn't really impress but I did like the colour and the overall features.

Now the Sri which has done 9k , despite missing the features of the elite just feels a much better car. The one I've picked up is a 66 plate nav version in artic silver. Everything just seems better. Sports mode makes it more responsive, the steering feels better and it doesnt have that rigid feel about it. I dont miss the heated leather seats, electric handbrake or even the dual climate control in fact I think the seats are more comfortable in the sri. I also prefer the dark interior and the navi900 over the basic intellilink 4.0.

Overall I'm really liking these Astra k models. I also tested both an a3 and Leon fr before the Astra but it was the Vauxhall that impressed me more than both of those.

If these just one thing I could change it would be the having a exhaust like the Astra j gtc, a bit like the old Astra sri's just to make it stand out a little from the crowd.😉

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Elite to Sri

Post by Ivanzu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Exhaust is fairly cheap to be replaced, I think that it costs around 300£.

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm

There should be no difference with same engine unless the sri sport button is pressed.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white.

cornishtaz
Astra Model: 1.6CDTi SRi Nav 136bhp
Astra Options: To many to list
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by cornishtaz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Where the 2 cars exactly the same spec?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “Main Astra K chat”