Brilliant White Vauxhall Astra

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
balak

Brilliant White Vauxhall Astra

Post by balak » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 am

I rencenly bought 2017 Vauxhall Astra in Brilliant White. What do you guys do to protec the color and shine? I did not buy the paint protection offered by the dealer for £299.

I can't do weekly wash and wax and therefore looking for some kind of protection for white color so that I can do monthly wash / wax.

thanks

Alpa-Chino
Astra Model: Elite Navi 1.6 CDTi BiTurbo
Astra Options: All apart from driver pack one
Astra Colour: White Summit

Re: Brilliant White Vauxhall Astra

Post by Alpa-Chino » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 am

Hi!
Good thing you didn't, it's shite.;)
First thing I would do is to get clear/transparent foil on front of the car. White is extremely soft as it is one stage paint. I bought the CQuartz Ceramic coating for around £50 and on top of that I use Soft99 Fusso wax. It's a great combo and makes upkeep of the car easy for me as I do 2000-3000 miles a month. The only thing with (any) ceramic coating is that you need to ensure at lease 24 and ideally 48 hours of paint being dry for rhe coating to harden properly.
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

balak

Post by balak » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks for your quick reply. Is it easy to apply? I mean, is there a chance of ruining the existing paintwork if I do something wrong?

Thanks
Balakrishnan

Alpa-Chino

Post by Alpa-Chino » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 am

In worst case scenario, if yoh don't buff it correctly, you can have white marks that you will have to polish it down. I did it for the first time, no issues.
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

Ausastra2
Astra Model: KB Hatch RS-V 1.6 turbo Petrol Auto
Astra Options: Touring Pack
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Ausastra2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:34 pm

After having the white colour for 6 months I would listen to old mate and get a clear bra up to at least the windscreen before the major chips happen as it did to mine 'cause the primer is black and it's hell to patch properly. After saying that though, good choice I love the crisp look of the Summit white. 8-)

Alpa-Chino

Post by Alpa-Chino » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Yes, when it's clean and waxed nice it is very bright and looks stunning. I am thinking about painting outside plastics gloss black to increase the contrast look. :)
Luke

otj
Astra Model: Sports Tourer 1.4T M6 Innovation (Elite Nav)
Astra Options: AGR+leather+iLux+Nav (all except sunroof)
Astra Colour: Summit white

Post by otj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm

White is not one stage paint. It has clear coat on top, same as metallic colours. But I agree that it's soft and get chip marks easily.
Opel Astra Sports Tourer Innovation (Elite) 1.4T M6, Summit White.

Ordered: Opel Insignia B Sports Tourer Innovation 1.6 CDTI A6, Abalone white, AGR premium

Old: Astra J Sports Tourer Sport (SRi) 1.4T M6 2013

Alpa-Chino

Post by Alpa-Chino » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Otj, could you confirm that? I've been told by the dealer it is one stage.
Luke

otj
Astra Model: Sports Tourer 1.4T M6 Innovation (Elite Nav)
Astra Options: AGR+leather+iLux+Nav (all except sunroof)
Astra Colour: Summit white

Post by otj » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 am

Alpa-Chino wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm
Otj, could you confirm that? I've been told by the dealer it is one stage.
I can confim that. I had my Astra's bonnet repainted and the paint shop also confirmed that this paint is two stage. Most solid non-metallic paints are nowadays two stage paints, because water based paints are so soft, that they wouldn't last anything without clear coat on top.

Acrylic paints are still one stage. The bonnet was repainted with PPG Deltron DG one stage paint, which doesn't need a clear coat. The paint shop claimed, that new paint is more durable than the factory paint. I can confim that also, because the new paint doesn't show any chip marks after 10000 miles.
Opel Astra Sports Tourer Innovation (Elite) 1.4T M6, Summit White.

Ordered: Opel Insignia B Sports Tourer Innovation 1.6 CDTI A6, Abalone white, AGR premium

Old: Astra J Sports Tourer Sport (SRi) 1.4T M6 2013

Alpa-Chino

Post by Alpa-Chino » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:52 am

How much did ir cost you if I may ask?
Luke

Return to “Main Astra K chat”