Intellilink screen gone haywire, help!

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Kuro
Astra Model: Sri nav 136 cdti
Astra Options: 18 inch bi-colour alloys
Astra Colour: Red

Re: Intellilink screen gone haywire, help!

Post by Kuro » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 pm

HMI done today and apparently all okay but during their previous investigations they were told to remove a piece of trim from above the screen. They can't put it back as it's fixed to the screen and it turns out Vauxhall had actually told them to break it off! I have to wait for an authorisation for a new screen unit at a cost of £800! Thank God I'm not paying for all this.

Meanwhile, instead of a Corsa courtesy car I have one of those little Viva's. Was expecting to hate it but it's actually not bad. The 1.0 naturally aspirated 3 pot engine is quite nippy and the engine note reminds me of my Smart Brabus Roadster. Nowhere near as quick though. :D
Red Astra sri 136 nav with bi-colour 18s
Rare 1993 Eunos 1.6 s-ltd, modified
Smart Brabus Roadster Xclusive

Kuro
Astra Model: Sri nav 136 cdti
Astra Options: 18 inch bi-colour alloys
Astra Colour: Red

Re: Intellilink screen gone haywire, help!

Post by Kuro » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 pm

My final update on this long running saga I hope. Car appears to have been sorted with new HMI, new screen, new dab tuner and latest software including maps. However, unbelievably it started to play up as soon as I got in it and I got the service people to come out to see what it was doing. One of them drove it around the block and it seems to have settled down again. Only time will tell but for now I can maybe start enjoying the car again.
Red Astra sri 136 nav with bi-colour 18s
Rare 1993 Eunos 1.6 s-ltd, modified
Smart Brabus Roadster Xclusive

Return to “Main Astra K chat”