Astra k ST boot height up to luggage cover with spare wheel

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Vlad

Astra k ST boot height up to luggage cover with spare wheel

Post by Vlad » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Hello,

In case of Astra K ST, I would need to know which is the height from emergency wheel cover up to the luggage cover in the following 2 cases: with emergency spare wheel(4 inch) and standard steel wheel(6 inch). I found in some places a value like 399mm, but I'm afraid it corresponds to case with inflation kit, while I really need an emergengy wheel; thus I really wonder how tall my luggage would be before I would need to remove the luggage cover.

I tried to find the info in existing posts but I didn't find the exact value. I was also not able to find it in offcial documentation either.

Thanks!

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Re: Astra k ST boot height up to luggage cover with spare wheel

Post by Anupanu » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 am

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the emergency spare (if specified) sits under the floor in an ST without changing its height. I am not sure you would be able to fit a full size spare in as the floor is not height adjustable
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including current Elite in Emerald Green 1.6CDTi 110
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia

Vlad

Post by Vlad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 am

The german pricelist pdf from opel.de contains details which show that the dimension of the boot changes when any kind of spare wheel is present instead of the inflation kit. Strangely, there is more info in the german pricelist pdf, than in the user manual itself.

Here are some google translations from german pricelist pdf:

Höhe bis Oberkante Rücksitzlehne/unter Hutablage => Height to upper edge of rear seat backrest / under hat rack: 430/399 => I really think think these values are just with inflation kit.

Reduzierung Gepäckraumvolumen mit Notlaufrad => Reduction of luggage compartment volume with emergency wheel: 35 l
Reduzierung Gepäckraumvolumen mit Reserverad => Reduction of luggage compartment volume with spare wheel: 65 l

Anyway I can't find the exact height with the spare wheel(either small sized or standard sized). I already searched Opel documentation in several languages :(.

Vlad

Post by Vlad » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:42 am

Could any existing Astra K ST owner with emergency spare wheel or standard size spare wheel check the height from floor covering the wheel up to boot cover/back seats upper edge?
I tried to get the info from my local seller, but they don't have the car on stock and their provided height does not fit(mixed with the other boot dimension results in a boot size over 600l which is clearly false).
Thanks in advance!

Dave1850
Astra Model: Tourer 1.4 Design 125
Astra Options: Parking sensors
Astra Colour: Royal Blue

Post by Dave1850 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi
I know this is a couple of weeks late but I had five minutes and measured the height. I have fitted an emergency spare and the cover sits normally as mentioned above. The top of floor cover to load cover is 45cm. I guess this is normal height.

hope this helps
Dave

Vlad

Post by Vlad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Thank you, Dave!

Return to “Main Astra K chat”