New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here
greengreg
Astra Model: 1.4T SRI
Astra Options: Adv park assist/AGR/ Rear camera/blindspot alert
Astra Colour: Power Red

Returning to Vauxhall after 40years

Post by greengreg » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 am

Hi all,

New member from sunny Somerset here, this is the first Vauxhall I have had since my first car which was a Viva HB SL90 40 odd years ago.
Just replaced my VW EOS with the Astra as I needed a bigger boot and so far am really happy with it, only thing that bugs me is not having a tail pipe showing.

Regards

Greg.

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: Returning to Vauxhall after 40years

Post by Pompeydave » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi Greg
40 years in between vauxhalls , that's going some ! I've just returned after 2 years and glad to be back.
Ah the good old viva....now we are talking .did like the 70/80"s vauxhalls .

greengreg
Astra Model: 1.4T SRI
Astra Options: Adv park assist/AGR/ Rear camera/blindspot alert
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by greengreg » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:54 am

Hi Dave,
the odd ford (1600E being the best) an S2 Lotus Elan still the best car I have ever had (Sold to put a deposit on a house) like driving a go cart all on 155/13" Dunlop tyres. More recently VW's and SEAT's, I enjoyed the MK1Leon Cupra. From reading your posts like you I think the Astra is good value for the money, I was unable to find a 1.6T to test locally but after driving the 1.4T me & the wife were more than happy, was impressed with the sports mode I would say it is quicker than the EOS 2.0TSI mind you resetting the tyre pressures on the VW was easy blow them up & press a button,still trying to get my head around altering the readings on the Astra. Good luck with yours.

Greg

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Pompeydave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks Greg , yes technology has moved on so much hasn't it ? You've got good taste in cars Greg , nice selection you've had there. I was ford all the way in the 80's , xr2 , xr3i , Orion 1.6i ghia then a mate said Vauxhall were so much better so bought a couple of cavaliers and actually really enjoyed them . From then on VX all the way with the exception of a 2016 fiesta st and seat Leon tsi . Test drove the Astra yesterday and loved it , picking up Monday.

Return to “Introductions”