New to Vauxhall, new to the forums

New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here
moxterite

New to Vauxhall, new to the forums

Post by moxterite » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Just picked up a 2016 Astra estate 1.6 turbo SRi this evening. 38k miles, £10k.

So far so good. First impression was that it was pretty spongey for a 200BHP car but sport mode makes a massive difference. Other than that it seems decent so far, not exciting but you get a hell of a lot more for your money than with a Leon, Focus etc.

I had been drawn to the Astra as I sometimes drive one at work, a 1.0L turbo which is actually lovely to drive although the steering is very light.

My new one is very nice so far. Quite noisy in the cabin but it's a very easy car to drive.

I'm hoping it'll be better than my 2011 Octavia Scout which I bought two years ago for £7k and has been an absolute disaster, and I'm about to get rid of it presumably for scrap. Thrown good money after bad and after 6 months of enjoying it, the whole experience was a nightmare, I threw good money after bad.

I suspect I'll be an occasional poster and sometime lurker if truth be told, but thought it would be rude not to stick something down here!

AdieMcc
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Re: New to Vauxhall, new to the forums

Post by AdieMcc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Welcome to the mad house!
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D

Nick Butler
Astra Model: 2017 SRi Nav EcoFlex S/S
Astra Options: Pretty standard I think
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Nick Butler » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:05 am

Welcome
SRi Turbo Nav EcoFlex - Summit White. S/S

Shiff
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav
Astra Colour: Metallic Mineral Black

Post by Shiff » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:17 am

Welcome, hope you have good driving and no issues withe your new K. I had cars (too many) that cost and threw good money after bad (last one purchased second-hand was a Skoda, nothing but trouble). I prefer to now lease two yearly and have no issues. I like the K and the 1.6t is a lovely engine.

Return to “Introductions”