Hi. Astra 1.6T Elite Nav

New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here
Strengethy

Hi. Astra 1.6T Elite Nav

Post by Strengethy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi all. I am now 3000 miles and 4 months into ownership of a white 1.6T Astra Elite Nav.

I have had the creaking suspension since 250 miles and now there even more internal rattles that are driving me crazy.

Vauxhall dealer was not interested and just fobbed me off denying there was an issue and just told me they would charge me if I went back again for the same issue.

The car is OK to drive but I expected so much more from a 200bhp high spec vehicle. I have never owned a Vauxhall before and am starting to regret this. Previous new cars have been Skoda Octavia estate and Volvo V40 before that. Each car did 40k miles without a squeek or rattle but the Astra gives me no confidence at all.

Am I on my own with this opinion as I seriously question the build quality of this car ?

Did I mention the dodgy clutch and the terrible sat nav that tells me every time that the M5 is closed. I would use Android Auto but that constantly locks up and crashes the entire entertainment system.

Sorry but I am trying hard to be positive.

Steg

Re: Hi. Astra 1.6T Elite Nav

Post by Steg » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Sounds like you should have bought a golf gti I have
The Astra 1.6t Sri just bought it for the performance ball park gti or focus st but about 10 k cheaper l know what your saying but love it or hate it l love it the engine is amazing as you know turn your radio up and enjoy saving 10 k😎🤣

u697040

Post by u697040 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:06 pm

Steg wrote:Sounds like you should have bought a golf gti I have
The Astra 1.6t Sri just bought it for the performance ball park gti or focus st but about 10 k cheaper l know what your saying but love it or hate it l love it the engine is amazing as you know turn your radio up and enjoy saving 10 k
My 1.6t is 3 years old, nearly 40k, no squeaks, rattles or issues at all. My android auto works brilliantly. Owned lots of cars over the last 30 years Inc high end cars, most have had annoying rattles apart from a Toyota and a Hyundai.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shiff
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav
Astra Colour: Metallic Mineral Black

Post by Shiff » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:00 am

My 1.6t Elite Nav is also 4mths old from new, 5k, but luckily no rattles, squeaks or issues. Satnav works okay but do find that when use maps on iphone it gives better route options. Engine is sweet, like the leather seats. Would expect parking sensors as standard at this trim level (would prefer over rear heated seats).

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:59 pm

There is plenty of advice on creaking suspension and sundry rattles in various threads here on the forum. Perhaps its best to find a sympathetic Vx/Opel dealer and deal with them one by one, as many here have done.

Fundamentally, before recent cost cutting the Astra K 1.6T was a very competative car - clean new design, spacious, economical, responsive, quiet (road noise apart) and with good handling - all for a reasonable price.

Best of luck
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:21 am

Which side of the car you getting the squeaks from on the suspension
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Return to “Introductions”