Introduction of Opel Vauxhall Social Customer Care

New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here
dcs1
Astra Model: 2017 Astra 1.4T 125 Design

Re: Introduction of Opel Vauxhall Social Customer Care

Post by dcs1 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 am

How come they've now gone quiet ? Am I the only one thinking that their joining is primarily PR driven, to quell, at times, dissatisfaction. Time will tell but manufacturer's have a habit of suppressing or denying common faults only known to exist via owner forums such as this one. Be interesting to see how Opel Vauxhall Social Customer Care react to issues/queries in longer term.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm

dcs1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 am
How come they've now gone quiet ? Am I the only one thinking that their joining is primarily PR driven, to quell, at times, dissatisfaction. Time will tell but manufacturer's have a habit of suppressing or denying common faults only known to exist via owner forums such as this one. Be interesting to see how Opel Vauxhall Social Customer Care react to issues/queries in longer term.
Does look a bit iffy, they are online here almost every day, but rarely commment on anything, and most questions go unanswered.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

AdieMcc
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Post by AdieMcc » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm

They threatened that other Vauxhall adviser on here few weeks back to stop helping us...said there’ll take over from now on. He’s gone to work at bmw now I think and sold his Astra!
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D

pepe

Post by pepe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Is it even verified these guys are legit? I mean for what we’ve seen so far it could as well be some random guys having a go at people desperately seeking answers and willing to believe anyone saying just exactly what they want to hear?

Ausastra2
Astra Model: KB Hatch RS-V 1.6 turbo Petrol Auto
Astra Options: Touring Pack
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Ausastra2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:14 am

Could someone from the UK phone the number provided and ask the question of them? (I would, but I'm in Australia)

Rob14
Astra Model: SRI, 1.6 CDTI (136), 2016 plate
Astra Colour: Grey

Post by Rob14 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 am

AdieMcc wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm
They threatened that other Vauxhall adviser on here few weeks back to stop helping us...said there’ll take over from now on. He’s gone to work at bmw now I think and sold his Astra!
That Gentleman who worked at vauxhall customer services was really helpful and went out of his way to find answers to our questions. He seemed to get technical answers for the problems rather than "book your car in", I guess this was because he had an Astra too and wanted answers himself. It really did help. I did read that he was told to no longer post in here and that he had since left Vauxhall. A shame really. Need a Vauxhall technician here who can answer a lot of the problems directly. That's just my recommendation.
SRI, 1.6CDTI, 136bhp, 2016 plate, Manual, Grey,

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Rob14 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 am
That Gentleman who worked at vauxhall customer services was really helpful and went out of his way to find answers to our questions. He seemed to get technical answers for the problems rather than "book your car in", I guess this was because he had an Astra too and wanted answers himself. It really did help. I did read that he was told to no longer post in here and that he had since left Vauxhall. A shame really. Need a Vauxhall technician here who can answer a lot of the problems directly. That's just my recommendation.
Well he might not post in here anymore, but he is visiting the site.

According to his profile, the last time he was here was : Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:07 am which right now is only about 5 hours ago.

Would be nice if that person at the very least said "I am not allowed to post in here anymore" if this is the case.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Return to “Introductions”