Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

2 years late

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Wellman 
#1 ·
Been meaning to post as a new member for ages but View attachment 74 never got round to it, was always a reader but not a contributer so to make up took a few photies of the 2 year old K today

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking really good - I do like that colour. Didn't think I would, but as I've seem more of it about it's grown on me. The wheels look magnificent, of course, but then I'm biased!

Mine's coming up for 2 years' old in Apr - must remember to post some anniversary pics too!

#5 ·
cooldad said:
Looking really good - I do like that colour. Didn't think I would, but as I've seem more of it about it's grown on me. The wheels look magnificent, of course, but then I'm biased!

Mine's coming up for 2 years' old in Apr - must remember to post some anniversary pics too!
Cheers, do you find the bonnet chips really easy? Quite a few marks on mine when the sun shines. I try to keep on top of it and deal with most obvious ones with chipex

#6 ·
Wellman said:
Cheers, do you find the bonnet chips really easy? Quite a few marks on mine when the sun shines. I try to keep on top of it and deal with most obvious ones with chipex
Yeah, I've had some issues with stone chips, etc. One of the home visit repairers, who did a few jobs on my previous 'J', gave me a tip. He told me, instead of trying to use the brush that comes with the touch-up paint, simply roll up a piece of masking tape, so that it looks something like a tooth pick, dip that in the paint and fill the chip in that way. It works a treat!

I took out cosmetic insurance when I bought the car and a company called 'Flying Colours' now does the repairs. I don't usually bother with very minor damage, but they've done some magnificent work on other, larger blemishes that I've sustained on occasions. The policy doesn't cover the bi-colour alloys, sadly. However, the same company will do a home visit repair on those too, unless the damage is really bad.

All in all pretty impressive!

#7 ·
cooldad said:
Wellman said:
Yeah, I've had some issues with stone chips, etc. One of the home visit repairers, who did a few jobs on my previous 'J', gave me a tip. He told me, instead of trying to use the brush that comes with the touch-up paint, simply roll up a piece of masking tape, so that it looks something like a tooth pick, dip that in the paint and fill the chip in that way. It works a treat!

I took out cosmetic insurance when I bought the car and a company called 'Flying Colours' now does the repairs. I don't usually bother with very minor damage, but they've done some magnificent work on other, larger blemishes that I've sustained on occasions. The policy doesn't cover the bi-colour alloys, sadly. However, the same company will do a home visit repair on those too, unless the damage is really bad.

All in all pretty impressive!
I use a toothpick to get the paint into the chips, the chipex kit is pretty good but never used the paint applicators that come with it get the paint in and smooth it off does a pretty good job. The bi-colour alloys, that's a task to keep them looking good. All 4 of mine have been kerbed, 2 I done 2 the Mrs done, I rubbed them down with a fine file and re lacquered them, came up a treat and not noticeable unless you look closely. I intend to get them recut but they will do for now until winter is over

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.