Hi

New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here
astraowner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Hi

Post by astraowner » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:13 am

D4VYP1998 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 am
Hi umm I have the elite and rear seats and the wheel heat comes on with the button and everything with oil and stuff is on the little screen between the speed and rev count have a play about for a good half an hour haha
In settings in the R4.0 (Or navi 900 if you have it) go to :

Settings -> Vehicle

There is a setting there for auto heated seats".

On my car this setting is missing and i have read elsewhere that it is because i dont have heated rear seats.

If you have heated rear seats, maybe you have it but it is just not enabled.


D4VYP1998
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:42 pm
Astra Model: 1.4T Elite
Astra Options: park sensors, 17inch alloys, Nav
Astra Colour: ASTEROID GREY

Re: Hi

Post by D4VYP1998 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 am

astraowner wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:13 am
D4VYP1998 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 am
Hi umm I have the elite and rear seats and the wheel heat comes on with the button and everything with oil and stuff is on the little screen between the speed and rev count have a play about for a good half an hour haha
In settings in the R4.0 (Or navi 900 if you have it) go to :

Settings -> Vehicle

There is a setting there for auto heated seats".

On my car this setting is missing and i have read elsewhere that it is because i dont have heated rear seats.

If you have heated rear seats, maybe you have it but it is just not enabled.

Yes I have gotten mine to work automatically but turned it off because its easier as nobody hardly ever goes in the back


astraowner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Hi

Post by astraowner » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:39 am

D4VYP1998 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 am
Yes I have gotten mine to work automatically but turned it off because its easier as nobody hardly ever goes in the back
But the astra has seatbelt warning for the rear seat which must mean that there are seat sensors.

I would imagine that the seat heating would only come on, if the seat was actually occupied.

But as always (and as my wife thinks all the time) i could be wrong :)


Red21120
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Re: Hi

Post by Red21120 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:12 pm

My understanding is the auto heated seats only come on when someone is satin a seat, I have mine set to auto and only my driver seat comes on automatically. Think it references this in the user manual somewhere, so will have a look.


Red21120
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Re: Hi

Post by Red21120 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Found it:

8FB8DAEE-C9FF-4452-A18C-855229D582B9.png



astraowner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Hi

Post by astraowner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Red21120 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:15 pm
Found it:
Great find.

Just still baffles me that this feature is not selectable if you only have front heated seats.

The only reason i can think of is that it is because there must be a difference to make people buy the heated rear seats.

I can not see one single real reason why this should not be working on the front seats, regardless of whether the rear seats has heating.

I would be able to understand that it would not work on a car with no climate control, as they probably use the temperature sensors to detect if the tempearture in the car is such that seat heating is needed, but with dual zone climate control, there is no technical reason.

My car automatically turns on the heated rear windows so it already knows when it is cold enough to need it.

Sadly it seems that everything has changed...On my old Opel, these missing features could just be turned on, using a tester, but now everything is locked down as far as i know. (On my old car i enabled comfort closing windows, anti-hijack feature, bulb failure warning and so on)


Red21120
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Re: Hi

Post by Red21120 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi, sorry but confused so may be misreading you last message, my car has front and rear heated seats and I have the setting to auto on. When someone sits in the front seats and put their seat belt on, then only the seats with a seat belt on heat up. The rear ones only come on when a seat belt is engaged in the rear of the car.


astraowner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Hi

Post by astraowner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Red21120 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:04 pm
Hi, sorry but confused so may be misreading you last message, my car has front and rear heated seats and I have the setting to auto on. When someone sits in the front seats and put their seat belt on, then only the seats with a seat belt on heat up. The rear ones only come on when a seat belt is engaged in the rear of the car.
Yes.

I have not got heated rear seats and the option to turn on automatic seat heating is absent from the menu.

The car knows it's cold as it automatically turns on the rear heated window, but it does not turn on heated seats and heated steering wheel, as it is not an option in the menu and as such can not be turned on.

Someone else in another thread said directly that the auto heated seats feature was only available on the models with both front and rear heated seats.

I just dont understand the logic behind this decision from vauxhall as there is no technical limitation that would prevent this from being available.


Red21120
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Re: Hi

Post by Red21120 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Ah that makes sense now, ie the situation not the logic by Vauxhall. Completely agree that it should be a standard feature irrelevant of rear heated seats.


astraowner
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Hi

Post by astraowner » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:21 am

Red21120 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:51 pm
Ah that makes sense now, ie the situation not the logic by Vauxhall. Completely agree that it should be a standard feature irrelevant of rear heated seats.
Yep.

It's ok that i dont have automatic seat heating for the rear seats when they are in fact not heated seats, but why they chose to omit the feature totally even for the front seats is beyond me.

As said before, i can only see this as a way to differentiate the cars, to make an insentive to buy the heated rear seat package, there is no technical reason for it, that i can see.


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”