Reset trip

New to the Vauxhall Astra K Forums? Introduce yourself here
Andy F

Reset trip

Post by Andy F » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi all new to forum and before i ask a question I don’t want to get slagged off for buying a design model or reading the book. how do you reset the trip computer and mpg the steering wheel control don’t match the manual I have not got a < > or a tick to reset thanks

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Reset trip

Post by cooldad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Welcome to the forum! There's nothing wrong with a 'Design' - all Astra Ks are good

Hmm...not sure about your query!

On mine, via the left hand stalk, you can scroll through the different views / screens on the central display using various buttons (you can't do much harm fiddling about and trying them all, unless you reset your oil life! ;) ;)). When you get to the one you want to access, simply press the end button and hold it for a couple of seconds. This sets the two trip odometers back to zero, provided they're individually displayed.

If your Design model isn't configured like that, then I'm not quite sure what you do - I'm on unfamiliar territory!!

I believe the manuals for all the marques of Astra K can be downloaded on line. Might be worth searching and having a quick browse through and seeing what you can find.
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Andy F

Post by Andy F » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks cooldad When i try to reset the trip /mpg with the end button the numbers clear and after 4/5 seconds they reappear tried holding button etc but can’t get it to reset The reason I mentioned the design model and the manual is because I read on the forum someone asking a question about design and the answer was along the lines of who would buy one and told to read the manual Thanks again I will just keep trying and hopefully get it right ps i don’t quite understand midlevel upper level screen my sister has 15 plate Sri and I have no problem resetting press the button press the < job done Thanks

Steel_Blade
Astra Model: Not yet.

Post by Steel_Blade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Andy F wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Thanks cooldad When i try to reset the trip /mpg with the end button the numbers clear and after 4/5 seconds they reappear
When I reset my trips, the mpg figure reverts to some default value. As soon as I start driving it eventually settles down to the actual calculated value. Is this what's happening?
(Ordered 24/3/16) Power Red Elite Nav 1.6i 200PS with :
18 inch bi-colour alloys, Parking Pack, Smartphone holder, Steel spare wheel, Driving assistance pack 1, Keyless entry and start, IntelliLux LED headlights, Power driver's seat. Collected 10/6/16.

cooldad

Post by cooldad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:07 pm

Andy F wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Thanks cooldad When i try to reset the trip /mpg with the end button the numbers clear and after 4/5 seconds they reappear tried holding button etc but can’t get it to reset The reason I mentioned the design model and the manual is because I read on the forum someone asking a question about design and the answer was along the lines of who would buy one and told to read the manual

You're more than welcome!

Don't think I helped very much, but you do get the odd person on here who will have a 'flame' along the lines of what you described. Most of us aren't like that and, please, never apologise for the type of car you have! An Astra is an Astra! :) :) ;)

The manual can be a pain in the backside to wade through and it's often easier to ask on here. Invariably, you'll get a better description that's more easily understood (unless, of course, it's the member you mentioned ;) )
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

cooldad

Post by cooldad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Steel_Blade wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:05 pm
When I reset my trips, the mpg figure reverts to some default value. As soon as I start driving it eventually settles down to the actual calculated value. Is this what's happening?

Yeah, generally have no problem setting the odometers to zero, but the mpg does indicate an arbitrary value until it settles down. I suppose it thinks you haven't covered any distance..... ;)

Return to “Introductions”