Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Best Leather Seat Cleaner/Protector.

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gnt 
#1 ·
Just wondering what advice you folks had for cleaning leather seats? Standard leather Elite interior (black). Haven't had a car with leather seats for a long time so just after a bit of advice on what's good for modern seats.

Quakeplayer.

#2 ·
I've used Auto Glym leather cleaner and leather care balm. Leaves a really pleasant leather scent and doesn't make the leather too shiny (but a bit shiny). If you want to keep the leather really matte, don't use the leather care balm, just clean the seats with the cleaner.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try the Autoglym without the balm as I really don't like shiny leather.

Car is only a couple of weeks old and never really noticed the smell of leather to be honest. Mind you, my sense of smell is weird as I think those "New Car Smell" air fresheners smell like vomit. I'll keep an eye out for Zaino's too.

Quakeplayer.

#5 ·
My favourite product for this situation is CarPro PERL. Its a nano coating and conditioner for plastic, rubber and leather. Its a rich cream and can be diluted for different usage making it very economical. It can be used on all such surfaces including the engine plastics, tyres etc.

Its only downside is that it doesnt have that lovely leather smell (its more like banana), so you could put a leather cream underneath it. I would recommend Gliptone products for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.