Polish For My Astra Sports Tourer

Cleaning and detailing your Astra.
Yozza
Astra Model: SRI Sports Tourer
Astra Colour: Summit White

Polish For My Astra Sports Tourer

Post by Yozza » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi guys having recently bought a 66 plate Vauxhall Astra K Sports Tourer in Summit White. Would I be ok still using my autoglym super resin polish that I used on my previous Black car.

Or what do you guys suggest bearing in mind I am a small budget.

Thanks in advance
Vauxhall Astra SRI Sports Tourer 1.6 CDTI in Summit White

karlos
Astra Model: 1.4T Elite
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: Polish For My Astra Sports Tourer

Post by karlos » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:08 am

SRP will be fine with your car but it offers no protection so you will need to use a wax or sealant on top of it. If you want to stick with Autoglym stuff use Extra Gloss Protection or HD Wax.

chrism40
Astra Model: SRI 1.4T 150 VX-Line
Astra Colour: white

Re: Polish For My Astra Sports Tourer

Post by chrism40 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:54 pm

White responds best to synthetic products, rather than natural waxes, although thats a matter of opinion. There are loads out there to try.

Ive used FK1000P on light cars in the past to great effect. Its a synthetic wax that beads like mad and lasts very well, it can even be used on headlights, unwiped glass and alloys. Its not expensive, but often out of stock these days. There is some on eBay, and some online retailers. Its about £22 for a 412g tub, that will last you years. The tub doesnt mention the name FK1000P, its usually called big white high temperature paste wax, the FK comes from the manufacturer (Finish Kare).

A good top up product is Sonax Brilliant shine detailer. Its also synthetic, and gives a great shine and good protection all by itself. Its almost a sealant and can be used without any base coat of wax or sealant. Its cheapest at Eurocarparts.

Both these products have been product of the year on detailingworld.com at some point.

Return to “Cleaning and Detailing”