Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Touchscreen protector..?

32K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  kamalaggi 
#1 ·
Anyone looked at getting a screen protector for the stereo screen? I've been looking for info to know if the screen would still work if covered. I don't see why not.

I've found a few sites that can supply the material for me to cut myself, but it would cost a bit to get one cut professionally with the curve.

Is anyone else interested in this? I could order a job lot

#2 ·
Hi

My screen was originally covered with a protector when delivered new to the dealer. I used it for a day or so before I removed it so it is possible to use the screen when covered.

Cheers

Paul

#3 ·
Paulch said:
JudgeNinja said:
Anyone looked at getting a screen protector for the stereo screen? I've been looking for info to know if the screen would still work if covered. I don't see why not.

I've found a few sites that can supply the material for me to cut myself, but it would cost a bit to get one cut professionally with the curve.

Is anyone else interested in this? I could order a job lot
Hi

My screen was originally covered with a protector when delivered new to the dealer. I used it for a day or so before I removed it so it is possible to use the screen when covered.

Cheers

Paul
Good to know...

#4 ·
I was afraid of the screen getting scratched, but my car has over 40K miles on the clock and no scratches whatsoever. So I don't really see the need for a screen protector. It's not a phone that you carry in your pocket.

#6 ·
My screen has a protector on it, I thought it might of been on there from when the car left the factory and the previous owner left it on the screen.

Small image attached, the protector doesn't go right to the edges and all I know is I never put it on there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Frostie36 said:
My screen has a protector on it, I thought it might of been on there from when the car left the factory and the previous owner left it on the screen.

Small image attached, the protector doesn't go right to the edges and all I know is I never put it on there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes that looks like the protector that it comes with from the factory. It doesn't go to the edges as you say, think they're put there just to protect the screen whilst on it's journey from the factory to you. Peel it off and see your new screen underneath :p :p

#20 ·
PACMANIA said:
I'm buying new sofas today when it delivered I leave the plastic on it. To prevent dust and keep that new smell world gone mad :)
Yup - got to keep it perfect so the next owner of the car benefits.

Sorry everyone for the dig - but I don't see why you would put up with an ugly protector that detracts from your enjoyment of the car, so somebody else benefits. As somebody else has said - it's not like you are carrying it around to get scratched - the worse that will happen (if you have greasy fingers) is a few finger prints that need a wipe from time to time.

#21 ·
The need of an item is totally subjective to anyones mind.
What you may find ugly, I may find it nice, what you may find it unuseful somebody else thinks its useful etc. I personally find it annoying having all the time fingerprints on the screen, while the whole other dashboard shines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.