Buy and Sell from other members
Richardbh86
Astra Model: Elite Nav
Astra Options: F & R Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Leather Int
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

For Sale - Phone holder for VX Powerbar

Post by Richardbh86 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi,

Selling my universal smartphone holder, compatible with the Vauxhall Powerbar. It is micro usb only. Hardly used.
Not looking for anything for it, just pay the postage costs.
Thanks

adamjfoskett
Astra Model: 2015 Astra Elite 1.4 Turbo 150PS

Re: For Sale - Phone holder for VX Powerbar

Post by adamjfoskett » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:02 pm

I am interested, provided it is all in working condition and the connectors aren't bent. Can you let me know how much it would be to post.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Richardbh86 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:40 pm
Hi,

Selling my universal smartphone holder, compatible with the Vauxhall Powerbar. It is micro usb only. Hardly used.
Thanks
Just out of curiousity ....

Is the cable not detachable so it can be swapped out for one that has USB-C or lightening ?
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

adamjfoskett

Post by adamjfoskett » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:50 pm

astraowner wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 pm
Richardbh86 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:40 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Just out of curiousity ....

Is the cable not detachable so it can be swapped out for one that has USB-C or lightening ?
Since this post, I actually ended up buying one off of ebay it was terrible, I don't recommend at all.

The cable is detachable although I couldn't make the car recognise anything with it at all. All it is, is a micro USB at both ends and a Micro USB on the side of the mount.

The quality of the device and cable is terrible.

Cheers

Adam

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:52 pm

adamjfoskett wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:50 pm
Since this post, I actually ended up buying one off of ebay it was terrible, I don't recommend at all.

The cable is detachable although I couldn't make the car recognise anything with it at all. All it is, is a micro USB at both ends and a Micro USB on the side of the mount.

Cheers

Adam
You do know that it is only supposed to charge your phone, and not connect to android auto/apple carplay right ?

This is the main problem with it as far as i am concerned, i think it is a REALLY big mistake that it does not connect to the radio like the USB port in the console.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

adamjfoskett

Post by adamjfoskett » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 am

astraowner wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:52 pm
adamjfoskett wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Cheers

Adam
You do know that it is only supposed to charge your phone, and not connect to android auto/apple carplay right ?

This is the main problem with it as far as i am concerned, i think it is a REALLY big mistake that it does not connect to the radio like the USB port in the console.
Yes I know, I also think it is a big mistake that it doesn't as then it could have provided a second function.

For some reason my car thinks it has a second USB socket some where as well haha

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:34 pm

adamjfoskett wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 am
Yes I know, I also think it is a big mistake that it doesn't as then it could have provided a second function.

For some reason my car thinks it has a second USB socket some where as well haha
Mine as well, but it does not exist. (Well maybe it does, but there is no connector for it anywhere in the car).

If you get the pinout of the "radio" i bet that there is another USB port, that is just not wired anywhere.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”