Ford KA mk 2 - For sale or advice

Buy and Sell from other members
Turbo Nut

Ford KA mk 2 - For sale or advice

Post by Turbo Nut » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:42 am

I have a 62 plate flame red Ford KA MK2 that the Astra has replaced. It's done 73000 miles or so. It belonged to my late mum and I've owned it for 2 years. Because it was my mum's car I've spent way more looking after it than the car is really worth, and I accept that.

I spared no expense on the car mechanically. New goodyear premium tyres, start/stop battery, Ford discs/pads, new clutch and gearbox refurb, full exhaust and cambelt/major service with Ford of Littlehampton last year. I have receipts for all of this and she has a full service history anyway, mostly with Ford. Just been MOT'd, no advisories, and the tester came out saying "well done, it's really well maintained" like almost astonished how nice it is mechanically. It has a few stone chips which I am going to improve with an official Ford chip pen.

I'm not sure how to sell the car. It's really the basic "studio" model although it does have pristine silver alloy wheels and a cream leather interior, it doesn't have any other options apart from that.

It's been on auto trader for a couple of weeks now, I started it on £2,500 and only had 1 viewing and was offered £2,000 which I flat refused because of how much I've spent on the car. I've lowered the price by a couple of hundred since. Any advice? I'd be a bit gutted to take £2k after all the love I've poured in but I know it's not a valuable model. If it were me and I needed an economical used car I would grab it in a heartbeat because it needs nothing doing, but it's hard to advertise that!

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
Astra Colour: Red

Re: Ford KA mk 2 - For sale or advice

Post by Boroboy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:08 am

Turbo Nut wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:42 am
I have a 62 plate flame red Ford KA MK2 that the Astra has replaced. It's done 73000 miles or so. It belonged to my late mum and I've owned it for 2 years. Because it was my mum's car I've spent way more looking after it than the car is really worth, and I accept that.

I spared no expense on the car mechanically. New goodyear premium tyres, start/stop battery, Ford discs/pads, new clutch and gearbox refurb, full exhaust and cambelt/major service with Ford of Littlehampton last year. I have receipts for all of this and she has a full service history anyway, mostly with Ford. Just been MOT'd, no advisories, and the tester came out saying "well done, it's really well maintained" like almost astonished how nice it is mechanically. It has a few stone chips which I am going to improve with an official Ford chip pen.

I'm not sure how to sell the car. It's really the basic "studio" model although it does have pristine silver alloy wheels and a cream leather interior, it doesn't have any other options apart from that.

It's been on auto trader for a couple of weeks now, I started it on £2,500 and only had 1 viewing and was offered £2,000 which I flat refused because of how much I've spent on the car. I've lowered the price by a couple of hundred since. Any advice? I'd be a bit gutted to take £2k after all the love I've poured in but I know it's not a valuable model. If it were me and I needed an economical used car I would grab it in a heartbeat because it needs nothing doing, but it's hard to advertise that!
My wife owned one of these previously, was the 1.3 duratec engine. We bought it new for 5k, kept it for 5 years, sold it for 2k. We enjoyed owning it, basic reliable transport, it was the none turbo 8v engine and the car was fun to drive. It was a pleasure to own and run.
You are not too far off from the price you want, if you've already been offered 2k. Now is a good time to sell, as used car prices are heading upwards still.
Maybe hang on for a week or two. See if you can get close to what you want.

FredOnline
Astra Model: 1.4T 16V 150 SRI 5DR
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by FredOnline » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:12 pm

I've had a look on Auto Trader, and found this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... ate&page=1

It looks like a cracking car for the money, granted it doesn't have electric windows or air con (according to reviews that I've read), but that means there's less to go wrong.

Turbo Nut

Post by Turbo Nut » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:56 pm

Ha well done for finding my ad! How long did it take you??

FredOnline
Astra Model: 1.4T 16V 150 SRI 5DR
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by FredOnline » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Turbo Nut wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:56 pm
Ha well done for finding my ad! How long did it take you??
Not long at all, your description of the vehicle in your opening post gave all the necessary info.

Basically, inputting into the Auto Trader search:
Ford/Ka/Model Variant = Studio/National/Manual Gearbox/Petrol/Red Colour/Private Seller = 7 results
From there, the leather seats, alloys and tyres narrowed it down to one vehicle.

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Boroboy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:25 pm

Looks a snip at that price & in great condition.
Ours being the mk1 one :lol: