Shaky
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav Sports Tourer
Astra Options: Agr Drivers Seat, Ilux lights, Parking Sensors,
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver OP189

Re: Modification to OEM Light Switch to Disable Auto Headlights Part 1

Post by Shaky » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:53 pm

AntHunt wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:20 pm
Switch arrived today and mod done. Will test it in the car tomorrow. A couple of notes - I damaged the facia whist trying to remove the black ring. I don't why it was particularly difficult to remove. It jammed on one click in the 4 to 5 o'clock position. Secondly, the last clip on the facia - if you push a small flat jewellers screwdriver in in the lateral angle, first left and the right the clips disconnect easily. So, on the photo shown push the flat blade between the black and white parts... from the left and then from the right.
Hope this helps people.
Ant.
Glad you got it sorted Ant and nice addition to the procedure.....think I was lucky more than anything else to not damage mine :lol:

##ADMIN## I can't edit my original post for some reason, could you add this to the correct section of my tut so people see it before having to scroll to Ant's post ?

Cheers :D
Mods - Bonnet Struts, 2nd boot light, Glovebox Light, Footwell Light (All LED) Fr & R Dashcams, Detachable Towbar with Battery Charging, 17" Alloy Spare.
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is..............Hmmmm Doughnuts.

Shaky

Post by Shaky » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:59 am

AntHunt wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:20 pm
Secondly, the last clip on the facia - if you push a small flat jewellers screwdriver in in the lateral angle, first left and the right the clips disconnect easily. So, on the photo shown push the flat blade between the black and white parts... from the left and then from the right.
Just as an add-on to this, I decided to do my Intellilux switch today. Exactly the same procedure and Ant's advice about the clip is brilliant, it just about fell off doing it that way - cheers. :mrgreen:

Also, unusually enough I found that the Corsa E switch I still have worked perfectly as well :) I reckon it's coz there are less wires in the harness so the headlight manual adjustment from the switch doesn't even get connected into the car. TIS diagram confirms that as well.
Mods - Bonnet Struts, 2nd boot light, Glovebox Light, Footwell Light (All LED) Fr & R Dashcams, Detachable Towbar with Battery Charging, 17" Alloy Spare.

rraavvii
Astra Model: K
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by rraavvii » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:45 pm

Very nice how to.

But you can also buy the corsa e lightswitch.

GM 13470446

20210304_184536.jpg

Opel Astra K 210HP/320NM Stage 2, Audio by Mosconi/gladen, EnhancedPerformance Dbilas

AntHunt

Post by AntHunt » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:50 pm

I’m not sure that version is available for the Right-Hand Drive model?

You’ll notice that the Corsa E switch is mentioned in the guide.

Shaky

Post by Shaky » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:39 pm

AntHunt wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:50 pm
I’m not sure that version is available for the Right-Hand Drive model?

You’ll notice that the Corsa E switch is mentioned in the guide.
Yeah it is available Ant. that's the part I got before I modded my existing switch. The part number is 13470454. I've got my spare available still if anybody doesn't want to attempt the mod of the existing switch. :mrgreen:

Gunde

Post by Gunde » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:03 am

Corsa has red LED's right? I don't want that together with all the white light in the Astra.
Astra K 1.6 CDTi. Mods: AGR seats, 360° 3D camera, SeatSkinz, heated armrest and rear seats, dynamic turn signals, footwell and glovebox lights, light under boot floor, gear surround ambient light, pedalbox, wood-look trim and black felt interior.

Shaky

Post by Shaky » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:30 pm

Gunde wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:03 am
Corsa has red LED's right? I don't want that together with all the white light in the Astra.
Yeah, that's basically the reason why I attempted the mod of the standard switch. Not really a problem but I knew it was "wrong" and my ocd kicked in :lol: