Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Aftermarket android head unit installation

19K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Kemalwebnet 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, even if I've looked to some topic about various things in the past and I must say I've always found very good information about what I was looking for!
Since my Intellilink touch screen died and the cost for replacement was really high I decided to consider to install an aftermarket chinese android unit (Klyde https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Shenzhen-Klyde-KD-9010-android-9_62397427956.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.18.bb742fcaVbgkt7).
The unit should have been plug and play, but I found out it is not, the cable they sent me is completely wrongly cabled and also caused the blown of a fuse when I plugged it as they suggested.
I now have the dash completely disassembled and I'm trying to figure out how to fix the situation, but I cannot find any wiring diagram of the infotainment Delphi siver-box connections (p/n 28493719).
I saw on the forum some information about the speakers connections (green connector that I called A in the picture below), but I couldn't fine anywhere information about the other wires (connectors B and C)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Sports equipment Bumper Vehicle

I was hoping someone here that has had my same problem could help with that!
I've also made an excel table to better describe how the wires look like.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device

I thank in advance everyone that will look into that!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I've just installed a head unit in my Astra, but mine came with a cable for this model (I have a teyes cc3 head unit). Every thing works just fine. Only had two minor issues. The 4 turning lights button didn't work and I had no sound what so ever for the "small speaker" (turning lights sounds, parking sensors, and seatbelt warning). The first issue I was able to fix properly (I've was able to figure out the proper 3 wires that make the button to work in the cable behind the old head unit screen). Regarding the small speaker I didn't found the proper cables so I throw out another small speaker behind the new head unit and it's working ok. I'm almost certain that one of the connection in your "D" schematics are for that speaker. But I didn't found it

Attachments

#5 ·
Good morning,
I have the same problem.
I bought the module https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B091DNJC3W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1 and I think the adapter sent is wrong since only 1 of the two plugs fits into my DELPHI module.
With the schematic sent by the seller and if I could get the diagram of my DELPHI SilverBox P/N 28493718 module maybe I could make the connection.

https://ibb.co/wwW9ZdY
https://ibb.co/QQ7HnMb
https://ibb.co/b6gzXrn
https://ibb.co/bQHkxbf

I leave some photographs for anyone who can help me.

Thank you very much in advance,

#12 ·
Good morning,
I have the same problem.
I bought the module https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B091DNJC3W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1 and I think the adapter sent is wrong since only 1 of the two plugs fits into my DELPHI module.
With the schematic sent by the seller and if I could get the diagram of my DELPHI SilverBox P/N 28493718 module maybe I could make the connection.

20210901-194314
20210901-195209
20210901-204608

I leave some photographs for anyone who can help me.

Thank you very much in advance,
hi i bought the same one and only one plug fits and it turns on but no sound cause the speaker cables are dangling of the unit through a green plug that has no fitting sizein my astra k 2017 this is so frustrating.

#7 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, even if I've looked to some topic about various things in the past and I must say I've always found very good information about what I was looking for!
Since my Intellilink touch screen died and the cost for replacement was really high I decided to consider to install an aftermarket chinese android unit (Klyde Klyde Kd-9010 Android 10 Car Dvd Player For Astra K 2016 2017 Octa Core 128gb Car Stereo Radio Dsp Gps - Buy Car Dvd Player For Opel,Android Car Stereo,Car Radio For Astra K Product on Alibaba.com).
The unit should have been plug and play, but I found out it is not, the cable they sent me is completely wrongly cabled and also caused the blown of a fuse when I plugged it as they suggested.
I now have the dash completely disassembled and I'm trying to figure out how to fix the situation, but I cannot find any wiring diagram of the infotainment Delphi siver-box connections (p/n 28493719).
I saw on the forum some information about the speakers connections (green connector that I called A in the picture below), but I couldn't fine anywhere information about the other wires (connectors B and C)
View attachment 5824

View attachment 5825

Hi, did you manage to resolve you plug issues.

#14 · (Edited)
Hallo, ich habe das gleiche gekauft und nur ein Stecker passt und es schaltet sich ein, aber kein Ton, weil die Lautsprecherkabel von der Einheit durch einen grünen Stecker baumeln, der keine passende Größe hat, in meinem Astra K 2017, das ist so frustrierend .
[/ZITIEREN]
Bei der Silverbox mit grünem Stecker sind die Lautsprecher mit 8 Leitungen belegt, dazu kommen +12V und GND. In meiner Silverbox ist im grauen Stecker nur das CAN-Signal und GND belegt.
Ich habe das Radio inzwischen erfolgreich angeschlossen.
Product Font Rectangle Parallel Technology

[/ZITIEREN]

#15 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I am owner of 2016 Astra k cdti 110 and I just received the new Junsun android multimedia to upgrade the stock. I am trying to install it on my own, but I got a problem and the android doesn’t turn on when I am connecting the 2 plugs. I got the controller with brown and grey plug.
I ‘ve test the android screen with table power supply giving it 12v at red and yellow cable and it powered up.
Anyone can help me?
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Trunk Bumper

Pliers Electrical wiring Finger Gadget Cable

Automotive tire Pliers Bumper Electrical wiring Gas

Attachments

#16 ·
Hey guys. I am owner of 2016 Astra k cdti 110 and I just received the new Junsun android multimedia to upgrade the stock. I am trying to install it on my own, but I got a problem and the android doesn’t turn on when I am connecting the 2 plugs. I got the controller with brown and grey plug. I ‘ve test the android screen with table power supply giving it 12v at red and yellow cable and it powered up. Anyone can help me? View attachment 9451 View attachment 9445 View attachment 9446
Hi you had any luck with wiring it in as I have the same problem but I spliced into the yellow wire and it turned on with the black plugged into the brown

#20 ·
hi
Hi all,

Since my Intellilink touch screen died and the cost for replacement was really high I decided to consider to install an aftermarket chinese android unit (Klyde Klyde Kd-9010 Android 10 Car Dvd Player For Astra K 2016 2017 Octa Core 128gb Car Stereo Radio Dsp Gps - Buy Car Dvd Player For Opel,Android Car Stereo,Car Radio For Astra K Product on Alibaba.com).
View attachment 5824

View attachment 5825

No need to cut and join wires. It's quite clear that the supplier provided you with the incorrect wiring harness. This is the same that happened to me. There's two different types of wiring harness 1. Astra K Hatchback 2. Sadan. These head units are plug n play. In case the wiring harness was incorrect and supplier replaced it. In order for the GPS to function replaced the bee sting antenna with an OEM GPS roof antenna also purchased a radio antenna amplifier which is mount in the rear hatch panel connected to the antenna wiring in the hatch window. Both OEM GPS roof antenna and amplifier I bought on ebay. My device get the correct wiring harness to avoid cutting and joining wires. Contact me should you need any further advice.