Exhaust modifications.

Useful How To posts
astraalecs

Exhaust modifications.

Post by astraalecs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi, I'm in Australia/Victoria and are interested in modifying the exhaust on my RS-V petrol 1.6T (twin outlets) to gain more power and or a better/louder note.

Can anyone provide any guidance as to what they have done and the outcome. For example I've got a Silvia 200sx and it took a while to get the note to the right level and remove any drone when cruising.

Thanks

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Exhaust modifications.

Post by cooldad » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:57 pm

astraalecs wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:56 pm
Hi, I'm in Australia/Victoria and are interested in modifying the exhaust on my RS-V petrol 1.6T (twin outlets) to gain more power and or a better/louder note.

Can anyone provide any guidance as to what they have done and the outcome. For example I've got a Silvia 200sx and it took a while to get the note to the right level and remove any drone when cruising.

Thanks

My only experience of upgrading in that department was with my old Subaru Impreza (Classic, Series 1) where I fitted a Scoobysport exhaust. The note was amazing, but I can honestly say the performance improvement was zilch!

My younger son installed a massive upgrade to his Honda Civic Type R, it had the sort of tail pipe you could have fitted a small dog in to! Again, great note, but no discernible increase in performance. The Astra could be different, of course.

I'm happy with my configuration as provided. I like staying 'anonymous' so that I can see the surprised looks on all the little boy racers' faces when I regularly beat them away from the lights (even without 'Sport mode' enabled)!! ;) ;) :lol:
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T

Post by Ivanzu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Using sporty downpipe will give you a boost of about 20hp so that is where I would start.

astraalecs

Post by astraalecs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Any suggestions for the down pipe?

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T

Post by Ivanzu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:08 pm

EDS has one.

Return to “How To”