Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

How to see / identify what kind of engine I have ?

18K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  AstonVauxhall 
#1 ·
Well, my problem is : i bought an Astra K 1.4 125hp B14XFL . On the contract, papers and receipt. On the constructor sheet of this car it appears that i have another engine, B14XFT - 150hp.
The car is running like an 150hp... 100km/h in second gear @ 6000rpm, 100km/h in 9.4 seconds, urban consumption arround 10l / 100km.

So, is there any way to find out what engine actually have on my car?

#2 ·
I can't recall which forum, but a while back someone posted some dyno results from a 125 and a 150 (both before and after chip tuning). The differences were smaller than spec, with the 125 showing more horsepower than rated and less swift drop off of torque above 4K rpm.

So it's still perfectly possible that you have the 125 as purchased.

Besides, the 150 hatch is rated for 8.3s to 100kmh: http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2017/2532620/opel_astra_1_4_edi_turbo_150.html
Whereas the 125 hatch is rated for 9.2s to 100kmh: http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2017/2532605/opel_astra_1_4_edi_turbo_125.html
(Stop/start versions are 0.2s slower)

So your results imply you have the 125 hatch.

#3 ·
Thank you for your answer. In my above post i make an mistake, and i cant edit it now.
So the 0-100km/h is 8.4s not 9.4... on an perfect strait street. Eye perfect :)

In both ways i'm happy with it, but I really want to know what kind of angine is it on my car.

#9 ·
Kpkna said:
Thank you for your answer. In my above post i make an mistake, and i cant edit it now.

In both ways i'm happy with it, but I really want to know what kind of angine is it on my car.
Interesting. Definitely seems like you have 150hp performance then.

Other than mucking around with VINs, there's one external visual difference in the form the Turbo badge on the rear of the car.
It's different on each variant:
- Turbo logo in same silver as the Astra logo: The 125
- Turbo logo in black: The 150
- Turbo logo in red: The 1.6T 200 (which also has dual exhausts, easy to see)

#11 ·
NickT said:
Kpkna said:

Interesting. Definitely seems like you have 150hp performance then.

Other than mucking around with VINs, there's one external visual difference in the form the Turbo badge on the rear of the car.
It's different on each variant:
- Turbo logo in same silver as the Astra logo: The 125
- Turbo logo in black: The 150
- Turbo logo in red: The 1.6T 200 (which also has dual exhausts, easy to see)
Thank you for your answer, but i dont have neither "Astra" or "Turbo" on my back of my rear door... I guess i have to let it go... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.