Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Infotainment System

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  danh23 
#1 ·
My touchscreen on My Astra Tourer purchased in October 2017 has stopped working after only 1045 miles. Any suggestions.

When I touch it nothing happens. Can use all the controls on the steering column but cannot access navigation or settings which I require to use for the time clock and Sat Nav from the touchscreen

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Although I don't have the Nav version, my touchscreen can sometimes be ridiculously insensitive to the point that I almost hurt my fingers thumping the damn thing!! :eek: :shock: It's even worse when Android Auto is functional (or not a, as the case may be!). Someone pointed out that there is often a protective film covering the screen from new and this may obviously affect the sensitivity to a certain extent. It doesn't explain, of course, why yours doesn't work at all; mine was never covered in the film from delivery, but still had a mind of its own.

If you've done so little mileage, presumably you've had the car from new and an obvious solution is to take it back to the dealer!

#4 ·
Thanks lads,

Will try again over the weekend. There was no film over the screen as I guess they removed on the PDI inspection. I got the car in Darlington from the dealer there . I have got my cars there for the past 25 years and never had any problems.My nearest dealer is in Stirling . I Live in Cumbernauld / Scotland.

Thanks for your replies

#5 ·
Does anyone know how to hide favourite bar on NAV900? I've got it up by swiping upwards but can't get it to hide after that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.