Retrofit Higher Model Parts

Useful How To posts
josephdgould
Astra Model: '16 Holden Astra BK
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Retrofit Higher Model Parts

Post by josephdgould » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi all,

I have a basic model Astra (Australian model BK / R) and I'd like to add the following parts/features to it:
  • Folding/heated wing mirrors with side vehicle detection
  • Rain sensing wipers
...Maybe more if possible.

Would the mirrors be as simple as replacing the non-folding ones with genuine folding mirrors, and installing the rain sensor? I.e. plug and play?

Cheers

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Re: Retrofit Higher Model Parts

Post by danh23 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:49 am

I don't know about the Australian Astra but the UK version mirrors are folding all need do is lift tiny bit when pushing in
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

josephdgould
Astra Model: '16 Holden Astra BK
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by josephdgould » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 am

danh23 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:49 am
I don't know about the Australian Astra but the UK version mirrors are folding all need do is lift tiny bit when pushing in
Yes, they're the same here. However I want to upgrade to electric folding mirrors - which fold in by pressing the button on the driver's door

Prince of Darkness
Astra Model: 1.4 T 150ps auto
Astra Options: Third party fitted front and rear parking sensors
Astra Colour: Summit white

Post by Prince of Darkness » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:57 am

Hi, I bought my Astra SRi 1.4L 150ps Auto second hand. I usually refrain from buying new cars as most vehicles of my choice and specs are normally available without too much problem. This time I had an awful time trying to find a SRi auto with parking sensors and electrically folding wing mirrors. I had the opportunity to buy the transmission of my choice with low mileage (reg Feb 2017) knowing I could get parking sensors fitted by an automotive technician I knew so no problem with them. I went to the local VX dealer from whom I bought the car and asked them if they would retrofit electric folding wing mirrors but they told me this was not possible. I have a neck problem so parking sensors were very important to me but the wing mirrors not so much - just means when I am reversing into my garage I open the window and fold them manually. Bit of a nuisance when it's teeming with rain or very cold as I was used to doing this from the comfort of my car. I never asked another VX dealer as I have got used to being manual lol! Good luck.

cornishtaz

Post by cornishtaz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:29 pm

It should be possible to fit elec folding mirrors.
You'd need
qty 2 new elec mirrors
New mirror switch
Extra wiring in the door looms, possibly extra wiring between the doors.

You need to get hold of a circuit diagram to check wiring.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “How To”