How to get android auto on car screen

Useful How To posts
Martintroy80

How to get android auto on car screen

Post by Martintroy80 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:17 am

Hi, having issues with android auto, it works fine on my phone but can't get it to work on the car screen. It used to work fine but for a few months now the projection button on the screen doesn't change to android auto?

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Re: How to get android auto on car screen

Post by Anupanu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:56 pm

This may sound obvious but have you checked in settings that 'Projection' is not set to detect Apple Car Play, if it has been changed it will not change back automatically. Also, is your cable of good quality? People have said only genuine cables will work...
Also, sometimes your phone needs a boot, and a re-install of AA? This will ensure you have the most up to date version. Finally, when connecting do you just plug in? If you do, try once more to open AA on your phone before connecting via cable.

Good luck
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including current Elite in Emerald Green 1.6CDTi 110
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia ST
Scotia Grey Discovery Sport HSE Lux

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by cooldad » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 pm

Martintroy80 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:17 am
Hi, having issues with android auto, it works fine on my phone but can't get it to work on the car screen. It used to work fine but for a few months now the projection button on the screen doesn't change to android auto?

Good advice from Anupanu, which worked for me, even when I had a pretty rubbish handset (Sony Xperia). AA worked consistently with it and I was using a non-standard data / charging cable!

I now have a much better handset and cannot get AA to work at all!! It's not the end of the world for me because I'm not keen on either Google Maps or Waze and so it offers nothing over my separate navigation device.

Having said all that, it does frustrate me that AA doesn't work!! :o :shock: :? :x
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 am

It has happened to me a few times where Android auto stopped working I left it a few days then it decided to work again
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Return to “How To”