Rear veiw camera

Useful How To posts
DureFF
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Rear veiw camera

Post by DureFF » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello, guys... I am trying to install a rear view camera which is not an original Vauxhall/Opel product. It is a lot cheaper and has great definition and a wifi module so that I won’t have to put cables all around the car. However thr wifi module has to be plugged into the rear of the multifunctional computer (mine is Intellilibk R4.0). Here comes the tricky part... I don’t know what inputs it has on the back... anybody familiar ? What kind of video output cable should i use? The standard video in/out or some other (hdmi/lsvd)??


User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by astramaster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:14 pm

There is no video input at all... :?


User avatar
cornishtaz
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:54 pm
Astra Model: 1.6CDTi SRi Nav 136bhp
Astra Options: To many to list
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Swindon,

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by cornishtaz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Message daz21 as he's just fitted a aftermarket reverse cam

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk





User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by astramaster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:21 pm

cornishtaz wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm
Message daz21 as he's just fitted a aftermarket reverse cam

That was an OEM kit, I think.


User avatar
cornishtaz
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:54 pm
Astra Model: 1.6CDTi SRi Nav 136bhp
Astra Options: To many to list
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Swindon,

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by cornishtaz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:13 am

astramaster wrote:
cornishtaz wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm
Message daz21 as he's just fitted a aftermarket reverse cam

That was an OEM kit, I think.
Nope definitely aftermarket

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



DureFF
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by DureFF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:54 am

Thank u, guys, but apparently I can’t use the function of PM, because I am a very new member 😊


Daz21
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by Daz21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:31 pm

DureFF wrote:Hello, guys... I am trying to install a rear view camera which is not an original Vauxhall/Opel product. It is a lot cheaper and has great definition and a wifi module so that I won’t have to put cables all around the car. However thr wifi module has to be plugged into the rear of the multifunctional computer (mine is Intellilibk R4.0). Here comes the tricky part... I don’t know what inputs it has on the back... anybody familiar ? What kind of video output cable should i use? The standard video in/out or some other (hdmi/lsvd)??
This is what I put I. Mine I used the XCarLink system. I have a full guide for install from what I did


Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


AdieMcc
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:25 am
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by AdieMcc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Where’s the guide and how much you pay ?

Just phoned pentagon near me. One said they don’t fit reversing cameras and another gave me a number to phone to get an aftermarket one fitted!!

Gunna see how much he comes back with a price because it’s gunna cost about £350 for that one from XCarLink with a camera.

It’s good from XCarLink because all your fitting is a harness at the back of your factory screen, and a reversing camera.
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D


Daz21
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Rear veiw camera

Post by Daz21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 pm

AdieMcc wrote:Where’s the guide and how much you pay ?

Just phoned pentagon near me. One said they don’t fit reversing cameras and another gave me a number to phone to get an aftermarket one fitted!!

Gunna see how much he comes back with a price because it’s gunna cost about £350 for that one from XCarLink with a camera.

It’s good from XCarLink because all your fitting is a harness at the back of your factory screen, and a reversing camera.

Hi yes about £350 all in but it’s all plug and play and really easy to install I have my guide I done here is Dropbox link to it hope you find it of use.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrtvqd221704f ... .docx?dl=0

I have a video of the dynamic lines working to




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


AdieMcc
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:25 am
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Re: Rear veiw camera

Post by AdieMcc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 pm

I think you have a wireless camera right?
Would this be different to me?
Would I need to tap into the reverse light?
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D


Post Reply

Return to “How To”