Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

ASTRA K chrome detailed parking brake...

18K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  pepe 
#1 ·
we replace it with the astra j parking brake.
but astra j button light emits red color.
for this reason we only change the top cover ...

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I think I have another option for chrome handbrake switch. In Australia, the Astra J is rare as it was only sold as an Opel for 18 months and as a Holden for 12 months.
We have the VF Commodore (filled with GM global parts) and I think the handbrake is the same as the J BUT it has white backlighting like the Astra K.
Can someone tell me what you think? I've included a link with images:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183208907861

#16 ·
Thank's cornishtaz

I will choose the facility: change only the upper button section.

But I have to unplug all the button, so remove the central panel to push it out ?

(when plugged, the button sides does not seem to allow a screw driver to unclip the upper button section)

Whatever, I need to remove the central panel to add a bypass to the cigaret lighter.

I'm not sure how (easy) is it to remove the central tunnel:

1) remove front sides (screw on the steering wheel side, and clips for both sides)
2) screws on the rear

then simply remove, be aware of cigaret lighter and parking brake button electeric beams

That's all or I miss something ?

Of course, pics are welcome: Tx

#17 ·
Since the Electronic parking brake button is screwed, you have to remove the middle panel completely.
The Astra J EPB button illuminates the red color.
but it is not a problem !
You can change the inner parts of astra j and astra k buttons.
I made change this way.
I'll share you a night photo as soon as.

#22 ·
to see if the hidden particle cleaning has begun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.