87K views 85 replies 30 participants last post by  DP47 
#1 ·
Here's my installation of dashcam

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
astramaster said:
Some questions....

- Is there communication between the fuse box and its back to pass the wires? (1st to 2nd photo)
- How do you remove the centre console's lateral plastics? (2nd photo)
- Is there any screw or just pull aside the A pillar? (6th photo)
The centre console part grab the bottom corner and pull they are held on by clips the A pillar same again but best using trim remover tools there held on by clips aswell

#6 ·
That piggyback cable comes in the kit with the nextbase hardwire kit it has 2 piggyback cables 1 with small fuse in and the other with a big fuse it'll be the small fuse you will need for it

#9 ·
hey guys i just brought a dash cam and it comes with its own fuse to hardwire. it is not a piggyback fuse, but if i was to insert this in the rear wiper fuse socket will both the rearview wiper and dash cam still work? or do i need to cut and replace with a piggyback fuse

Also i can not find a right locate to get the wire to the fusebox in the centre console

sorry if this question has been asked before, i am a true novice when it comes to hardwiring and just reading into this lead me to buy this dash cam:
Pruveeo Hard Wire Kit for Dash Cam, Mini USB Port, 12V to 5V, DC 12V - 30V Car Charger Cable Kit
by PRUVEEO

#10 ·
Supermann25 said:
hey guys i just brought a dash cam and it comes with its own fuse to hardwire. it is not a piggyback fuse, but if i was to insert this in the rear wiper fuse socket will both the rearview wiper and dash cam still work? or do i need to cut and replace with a piggyback fuse

Also i can not find a right locate to get the wire to the fusebox in the centre console

sorry if this question has been asked before, i am a true novice when it comes to hardwiring and just reading into this lead me to buy this dash cam:
Pruveeo Hard Wire Kit for Dash Cam, Mini USB Port, 12V to 5V, DC 12V - 30V Car Charger Cable Kit
by PRUVEEO
If you look at my pics of the installation you can see which fuse I used and both my cam and wiper works fine

#12 ·
Supermann25 said:
Thanks for the reply mate. I am going to attach a photo of the fuse that came with the dashcam and my question is can this one fuse let the rear wipers and dash cam work at the same time ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I would swap that for a nextbase hardwire kit that has the piggyback connector on

#13 ·
danh23 said:
Supermann25 said:
Thanks for the reply mate. I am going to attach a photo of the fuse that came with the dashcam and my question is can this one fuse let the rear wipers and dash cam work at the same time ?

I would swap that for a nextbase hardwire kit that has the piggyback connector on
Thank you for the advice mate. The nextbase wiring kit worked great. All fitted and working fine now. I had to use the 4th bottom from left fuse as shown in image below so it works with the ignition on and off. I have attached images showing where i wired the cable through on the centre console as I couldn't find this anywhere

#14 ·
Supermann25 said:
danh23 said:
Supermann25 said:

Thank you for the advice mate. The nextbase wiring kit worked great. All fitted and working fine now. I had to use the 4th bottom from left fuse as shown in image below so it works with the ignition on and off. I have attached images showing where i wired the cable through on the centre console as I couldn't find this anywhere

Your welcome where your cable is coming out that's where mine is did you have any trouble with your A pillar

#16 ·
Excellent how to mate, fitted mine today. £12 for the kit off e bay and £1.50 for a trim remover kit. Really easy to fit. Just one question, did you file off some paint to get a good earth connection of just connect it behind the washer? I didn't fully remove the washer and just slotted in the connection earth behind the washer . I hope it's a good earth.

#17 ·
Wellman said:
Excellent how to mate, fitted mine today. £12 for the kit off e bay and £1.50 for a trim remover kit. Really easy to fit. Just one question, did you file off some paint to get a good earth connection of just connect it behind the washer? I didn't fully remove the washer and just slotted in the connection earth behind the washer . I hope it's a good earth.
My earth is behind the panel in the passenger footwell loosened the nut abit to slip the earth on and has worked for the 6 months I had the car

#18 ·
danh23 said:
Wellman said:
My earth is behind the panel in the passenger footwell loosened the nut abit to slip the earth on and has worked for the 6 months I had the car
Excellent, that's where I fitted it, behind the washer as it was more slotted in. When I first fitted it I done it behind the bolt and on top of the washer but because the fork did not fit over the bolt put it behind the washer. I didn't rub any paint off to get a good earth but if you have had it fitted that way for so long without any problems it should be ok, cheers

#20 ·
lucifer said:
I have A118c and hardwire kit with piggy-fuse. I want to use rear wiper fuse (found that some of you are using that fuse too), but I have no idea how many amp fuse should I use. Anyone could help please? Thanks.
I'll take a look tomorrow for you and let you know

#23 ·
I am trying to remove the centre console (phone holder) trim (no power bar) to hard wire a nextbase Dashcam. I understand the dash-fusebox is behind here. When I pull it, it bends and I don't want to break it. Do I need to use a trim removal tool, or have other members here managed to pull out the trim successfully, presumably with some force?

#24 ·
cdekepper said:
I am trying to remove the centre console (phone holder) trim (no power bar) to hard wire a nextbase Dashcam. I understand the dash-fusebox is behind here. When I pull it, it bends and I don't want to break it. Do I need to use a trim removal tool, or have other members here managed to pull out the trim successfully, presumably with some force?
If you have the none powerflex bar then pull hard in left hand corner and it'll come out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.