Powerflex bar

Useful How To posts
Corbil
Astra Model: 1.6 Cdti Innovation 136bhp
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: Powerflex bar

Post by Corbil » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:55 am

Just install it.....and it was a pain in the ass trying not to brake anything..... Final result makes me happier....A useful gadget your car must have!

Supermann25
Astra Model: MK7 Astra K Tech LIne 1.6 CDTI
Astra Options: Android Auto & Apple Carplay
Astra Colour: Black

Post by Supermann25 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:13 pm

looks great, really want to install one of these in the car but am scared not going to lie ! LOL :lol:

Corbil

Post by Corbil » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Removing the handbrake tunnel was the hardest one.

Slatey
Astra Model: ELITE NAV SPORTS TOURER 1.4I TURBO (150PS) S/S A
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Slatey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi thanks for the information included. I might go for this kit as my 2018 lost out on the powerflex bar due to the slight update over the 2017 particularly helpful was the cover removal as im about to fit a nextbase 512gw dash cam this week so will have to hardwire it to the fuse box behind the cover where the powerflex bar would have been :o

UKtekkie
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.4T
Astra Options: Intellilux, Parking, Winter, Sunroof, AGR, Climate
Astra Colour: Red

Post by UKtekkie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:45 am

I had the PowerFlex bar pre-installed but have hardly used it. I think it looks ugly, especially with a cable sticking out the side, and I find it fiddly to fit and remove the phone.

Worse still lots of iPhone apps don’t rotate for landscape mode. For example the Music app.

I guess it’s useful for the Tom Tom Go app which doesn’t support CarPlay and does work in landscape mode but I prefer to use Apple Maps on the big display via CarPlay.

It’s the one feature on my Astra that I’ve been disappointed with and wouldn’t get again.

I’m sure I’d appreciate it if CarPlay wasn’t available but CarPlay works superbly.
Red Astra SRi Nav 1.4i (150) with Intellilux, Parking Pack, Sunroof, Climate Control, Winter Pack, AGR seat.

Bini

Post by Bini » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:37 pm

One of my friends bought an Astra K, and had a problem with the pre installed powerflex bar.
It was noisy and it wasnt holding the phone like it should. (The phone holder was moving around.

I bought it for my car and installed it, i have no problems with it.
The only thing i dont like about it is that you can't connect your phone to the radio or nav. system, you still have to use the usb port under your arm rest.

Corbil

Post by Corbil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:27 am

A nice saying in Greece states this " He is expensive on the bran, and inexpensive on the flour"

So much technology in the car, and Opel couldn't fit the connectivity through this port to the satnav.
Such a pitty! I hope any future upgrade will solve this problem

josephdgould

Post by josephdgould » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am

I'm looking at doing this to my Astra (Holden Astra R as it's known here in Australia). The only difference with mine is the glovebox is different internally, so just wondering what's the little plastic peg labelled "E" in the instructions? Does it effect the function of the Powerflex Bar?

moleyjoel
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6t (200) MY17.5
Astra Options: Intellilux, 18” Bi-Colour, Parking Pack, AGR Seats
Astra Colour: Mineral Black

Post by moleyjoel » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:38 pm

josephdgould wrote:I'm looking at doing this to my Astra (Holden Astra R as it's known here in Australia). The only difference with mine is the glovebox is different internally, so just wondering what's the little plastic peg labelled "E" in the instructions? Does it effect the function of the Powerflex Bar?
The little plastic piece labelled E in the instructions is a ‘removal tool’ - basically you slide it on the end of the powerflex bar to remove it and gain access to the fuse box underneath without damaging anything.

It slides into a specific gap in the glovebox just for storage. :)
Elite Nav 1.6t (200) Mineral Black MY17.5
Intellilux LED, 18” Bi-Colour Alloys, Advanced Parking Pack, AGR Sport Seats

josephdgould

Post by josephdgould » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16 pm

moleyjoel wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:38 pm
josephdgould wrote:I'm looking at doing this to my Astra (Holden Astra R as it's known here in Australia). The only difference with mine is the glovebox is different internally, so just wondering what's the little plastic peg labelled "E" in the instructions? Does it effect the function of the Powerflex Bar?
The little plastic piece labelled E in the instructions is a ‘removal tool’ - basically you slide it on the end of the powerflex bar to remove it and gain access to the fuse box underneath without damaging anything.

It slides into a specific gap in the glovebox just for storage. :)
Awesome, this means I can order one and not worry about it not working! Thanks :D

Return to “How To”