Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Supporting multiple devices on Intellink - Android Auto

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Keeefy 
#1 ·
Want to share what I did to simplify my Android Auto usage.

My phone is micro USB and my wife phone is USB C connector, so it is a hassle to change cable and also to change to play media from USB flash drive.

I connect a USB 3.0 hub with on/off switch to the USB port in the centre armrest, then stick the USB hub on the front of the centre armrest. Now I leave both USB cables and the USB flash drive connected, just switch the on/off switch when I want to turn on and off these connection, no need to open the armrest cover to switch connections.

Now I can have my Android Auto running and also play the music on my USB flash drive concurrently.

For details on the hub with on/off switch, check out:
http://www.orico.cc/goods.php?id=4895

#4 ·
Keeefy said:
Looks like a good solution you said you can use your flash drive while using android auto does that meant that it can read both ?
Yes. It can read both. From the manual it stated it is able to support 2 USB devices.

When I connect my phone and flash drive, when I go to audio source, I can see both USB1 and USB2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.