Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Useful How To posts
sebati
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 am
Location: Ankara, turkey

Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by sebati » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:18 pm

as you know there are 4 kind of antenna is available for astra k which you can see them in the attachment.


My car has the longest antenna of 4 of them :lol: so i wanna change it with a shark finn. I want something like fourth car's antenna -large one-. But i need some recommendation.

Thank you!(:

astra-antennen-5481243003115220166-8559932274830442720.jpg

Deep Sky Blue 1.6 CDTI 136 HP Execellence(Elite) MT6 MY2016 with 17" alloys + Winter Pack-2


RG90
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:06 am
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6T (200)
Astra Options: Rear-LEDs Parking Pack 18" Tints Spacesaver
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by RG90 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:32 pm

sebati wrote:as you know there are 4 kind of antenna is available for astra k which you can see them in the attachment.


My car has the longest antenna of 4 of them :lol: so i wanna change it with a shark finn. I want something like fourth car's antenna -large one-. But i need some recommendation.

Thank you!(:
I'm interested to see if anyone knows whether this is possible as well! I've read for past Astras you can retrofit the insignia fin, but there is a loss in signal. Is it possible to fit the fin from the Nav onto the non-Nav cars with comparable signal? Or do the Nav cars have a secondary antenna located else-where to bolster signal?
1.6T (200) Elite Nav in Carbon Flash

Options:
Dark-tinted rear windows, Parking Pack, LED rear tail lights, 18-inch bi-colour alloy wheels and space saver wheel.


oldskool
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:15 pm
Astra Model: astrak 136 diesel elite nav
Astra Colour: black

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by oldskool » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:56 am

have to say the DAB reception on my elite nav is superb compared to other cars ive had with DAB ,, signal rarely drops out if ever so the fourth aeriel which is what the elite navs come with seems pretty good fwiw
Astra K 1.6 cdti (136) elite nav


User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by astramaster » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:06 pm

RG90 wrote:I'm interested to see if anyone knows whether this is possible as well! I've read for past Astras you can retrofit the insignia fin, but there is a loss in signal. Is it possible to fit the fin from the Nav onto the non-Nav cars with comparable signal? Or do the Nav cars have a secondary antenna located else-where to bolster signal?
Astra J and K with integrated navigation have the radio and DAB antennas integrated in the rear window stripes.
Shark Finn Antenna is only there for OnStar and GPS, not radio.


sebati
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 am
Location: Ankara, turkey

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by sebati » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:14 pm

astramaster wrote:
RG90 wrote:I'm interested to see if anyone knows whether this is possible as well! I've read for past Astras you can retrofit the insignia fin, but there is a loss in signal. Is it possible to fit the fin from the Nav onto the non-Nav cars with comparable signal? Or do the Nav cars have a secondary antenna located else-where to bolster signal?
Astra J and K with integrated navigation have the radio and DAB antennas integrated in the rear window stripes.
Shark Finn Antenna is only there for OnStar and GPS, not radio.

I dont have ontar. so do my car has a antenna which integrated in the rear window strips or just a normal one?
Deep Sky Blue 1.6 CDTI 136 HP Execellence(Elite) MT6 MY2016 with 17" alloys + Winter Pack-2


User avatar
cornishtaz
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:54 pm
Astra Model: 1.6CDTi SRi Nav 136bhp
Astra Options: To many to list
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Swindon, 1.6 CDTi 136bhp SRi Nav

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by cornishtaz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:25 pm

sebati and RG90 what radio option do you have? Is it FM or do you also have DAB?


User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by astramaster » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:06 pm

sebati wrote:
astramaster wrote:
RG90 wrote:I'm interested to see if anyone knows whether this is possible as well! I've read for past Astras you can retrofit the insignia fin, but there is a loss in signal. Is it possible to fit the fin from the Nav onto the non-Nav cars with comparable signal? Or do the Nav cars have a secondary antenna located else-where to bolster signal?
Astra J and K with integrated navigation have the radio and DAB antennas integrated in the rear window stripes.
Shark Finn Antenna is only there for OnStar and GPS, not radio.
I dont have ontar. so do my car has a antenna which integrated in the rear window strips or just a normal one?
So you don't have OnStar. But you have navigation, right? Your antenna is like the 2nd or 3rd picture?


sebati
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 am
Location: Ankara, turkey

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by sebati » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:12 pm

[/quote]
So you don't have OnStar. But you have navigation, right? Your antenna is like the 2nd or 3rd picture?[/quote]


I dont have also navi but my antenna is like 2nd one
Deep Sky Blue 1.6 CDTI 136 HP Execellence(Elite) MT6 MY2016 with 17" alloys + Winter Pack-2


User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by astramaster » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 pm

sebati wrote:I dont have also navi but my antenna is like 2nd one
Ah ok. Then you do not have any antenna integrated in the rear window. Only the aerial in the ceiling.
So, if you change to a shark fin antenna, you'll have to compensate with an indoor antenna for example.


Julian1984
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Want to Install a Shark Finn Antenna

Post by Julian1984 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi!

I've got a car with the 3er antenna... Is anyhow to change it to a shark one? (I've got onstar, but no integrated navigation)

Thanks!


Post Reply

Return to “How To”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest