Dashcam installation with pics of placement

Useful How To posts
Supermann25
Astra Model: MK7 Astra K Tech LIne
Astra Options: Android Auto & Apple Carplay
Astra Colour: Black

Re: Dashcam installation with pics of placement

Post by Supermann25 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for the reply mate. I am going to attach a photo of the fuse that came with the dashcam and my question is can this one fuse let the rear wipers and dash cam work at the same time ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Supermann25 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm
Thanks for the reply mate. I am going to attach a photo of the fuse that came with the dashcam and my question is can this one fuse let the rear wipers and dash cam work at the same time ?

I would swap that for a nextbase hardwire kit that has the piggyback connector on
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Supermann25

Post by Supermann25 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:58 pm

danh23 wrote:
Supermann25 wrote:

I would swap that for a nextbase hardwire kit that has the piggyback connector on
Thank you for the advice mate. The nextbase wiring kit worked great. All fitted and working fine now. I had to use the 4th bottom from left fuse as shown in image below so it works with the ignition on and off. I have attached images showing where i wired the cable through on the centre console as I couldn't find this anywhere ImageImageImage

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Supermann25 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:58 pm
danh23 wrote:
Supermann25 wrote:
Thank you for the advice mate. The nextbase wiring kit worked great. All fitted and working fine now. I had to use the 4th bottom from left fuse as shown in image below so it works with the ignition on and off. I have attached images showing where i wired the cable through on the centre console as I couldn't find this anywhere ImageImage[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 9e56f3.jpg[/IMG" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20171209</span><span>/</span><span>a7fc422cdcf6ee6a7bc36ba64ea35b28</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>IMG</span><span>][</span><span>IMG</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20171209</span><span>/</span><span>7d16b84437417c7a0bbac5da68e21dd3</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>IMG</span><span>][</span><span>IMG</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20171209</span><span>/</span><span>c54c92b7d977b71cfa27ce72769e56f3</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>IMG</span></a>]

Your welcome where your cable is coming out that's where mine is did you have any trouble with your A pillar
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Supermann25

Post by Supermann25 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:16 pm

that was actually the easiest part ! :lol:
I had trouble with grounding as didn't have the tools so borrowed from local MOT garage up the road.
also i dropped the fuse in the car lucky i had more in the house :lol: :D

other than that all was fine. Cheers again

Return to “How To”