Chiptuning

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
User avatar
JJ-Yorks
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:40 pm
Astra Model: 5-door SRi 1.0Turbo
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Hilly West Yorkshire

Re: Chiptuning

Post by JJ-Yorks » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:07 pm

I think you will find you will be looking at a minimum of 165ps with a remap and or tuning box
There are a few uk 1.4turbos running at 185ps which have been reliable so you will be fine
1.0Turbo Power Red (130PS/205Nm Torque coming soon :D )


User avatar
EvilScotsman
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 9:26 pm
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 SRI Nav
Astra Options: 18' Bi-Colour Alloys, Winter Pack, Privacy Tints
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Chiptuning

Post by EvilScotsman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:21 am

Probably resurrecting a dead thread by commenting here, but are Superchips still looking for a Astra K to test on? There is a branch local to me which I could drop my 1.6T into if they are still looking for a test vehicle.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.


User avatar
JJ-Yorks
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:40 pm
Astra Model: 5-door SRi 1.0Turbo
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Hilly West Yorkshire

Re: Chiptuning

Post by JJ-Yorks » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:51 am

Yes they are still looking...they had a 1.0 turbo booked in for this month but they have pulled out...same story for the other engines too...if you give them a ring or drop them an email you could end up with a discounted remap should you go ahead with it
1.0Turbo Power Red (130PS/205Nm Torque coming soon :D )


User avatar
EvilScotsman
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 9:26 pm
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 SRI Nav
Astra Options: 18' Bi-Colour Alloys, Winter Pack, Privacy Tints
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Chiptuning

Post by EvilScotsman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:44 pm

JJ-Yorks wrote:Yes they are still looking...they had a 1.0 turbo booked in for this month but they have pulled out...same story for the other engines too...if you give them a ring or drop them an email you could end up with a discounted remap should you go ahead with it
Ah cool, will give the Aberdeenshire branch a call and see what they say.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.


User avatar
EvilScotsman
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 9:26 pm
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 SRI Nav
Astra Options: 18' Bi-Colour Alloys, Winter Pack, Privacy Tints
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Chiptuning

Post by EvilScotsman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:05 pm

EvilScotsman wrote:
JJ-Yorks wrote:Yes they are still looking...they had a 1.0 turbo booked in for this month but they have pulled out...same story for the other engines too...if you give them a ring or drop them an email you could end up with a discounted remap should you go ahead with it
Ah cool, will give the Aberdeenshire branch a call and see what they say.
Got in contact with Superchips about this, unfortunately they only do testing at their Buckingham site so the Aberdeen branch is a no go for myself. However, they seem to have got a partnership with a local VX garage and hope to get cars from them for testing sometime soon so finger crossed we will see something for the 1.6T sometime in the future.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.


psmedley
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Chiptuning

Post by psmedley » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:56 am

EvilScotsman wrote:
EvilScotsman wrote:
JJ-Yorks wrote:Yes they are still looking...they had a 1.0 turbo booked in for this month but they have pulled out...same story for the other engines too...if you give them a ring or drop them an email you could end up with a discounted remap should you go ahead with it
Ah cool, will give the Aberdeenshire branch a call and see what they say.
Got in contact with Superchips about this, unfortunately they only do testing at their Buckingham site so the Aberdeen branch is a no go for myself. However, they seem to have got a partnership with a local VX garage and hope to get cars from them for testing sometime soon so finger crossed we will see something for the 1.6T sometime in the future.
Has anyone tried https://www.amazon.de/RaceChip-Astra-14 ... B01MXIYV6V ?

Interestingly, their site lists the product under Opel, but not Vauxhall! (Let alone Holden!!)

Cheers,

Paul
Cheers,

Paul
(I work for GM Holden in manufacturing, my comments/opinions here are my own)


User avatar
EvilScotsman
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 9:26 pm
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 SRI Nav
Astra Options: 18' Bi-Colour Alloys, Winter Pack, Privacy Tints
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Chiptuning

Post by EvilScotsman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:59 pm

psmedley wrote:
EvilScotsman wrote:
Has anyone tried https://www.amazon.de/RaceChip-Astra-14 ... B01MXIYV6V ?

Interestingly, their site lists the product under Opel, but not Vauxhall! (Let alone Holden!!)

Cheers,

Paul
Appears they have it on their website too: https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/opel/as ... 280nm.html
Thought the engine is listed as a EDIT rather than SIDI which I thought it was.

Not so sure on tuner boxes any more now. Having spoken to a friend that does proper car re-mappings, he recommends doing it on a rolling road set-up with all the proper test equipment as the mapping will be built to suit the car and boost it so its running comfortably with the extra power being extracted out of it. Issue with the chip tune system tend to be that they are one size fits all and given that every car is different, can either stress or work okay with the car, depending the circumstances.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.


User avatar
JJ-Yorks
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:40 pm
Astra Model: 5-door SRi 1.0Turbo
Astra Colour: Power Red
Location: Hilly West Yorkshire

Re: Chiptuning

Post by JJ-Yorks » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:20 pm

better with a remap but I am taking everything Superchips with a pinch of salt now as the story keeps changing regarding remaps for the Vauxhall engines. I am going to give them a little while longer but if they havent released one by end of the summer I will purchase the EDS IPF system where you flash your own ecu just like the Bluefin option from Superchips.
1.0Turbo Power Red (130PS/205Nm Torque coming soon :D )


psmedley
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Chiptuning

Post by psmedley » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:44 am

Hi mate,
EvilScotsman wrote:
psmedley wrote:
EvilScotsman wrote:
Has anyone tried https://www.amazon.de/RaceChip-Astra-14 ... B01MXIYV6V ?

Interestingly, their site lists the product under Opel, but not Vauxhall! (Let alone Holden!!)

Cheers,

Paul
Appears they have it on their website too: https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/opel/as ... 280nm.html
Thought the engine is listed as a EDIT rather than SIDI which I thought it was.

Not so sure on tuner boxes any more now. Having spoken to a friend that does proper car re-mappings, he recommends doing it on a rolling road set-up with all the proper test equipment as the mapping will be built to suit the car and boost it so its running comfortably with the extra power being extracted out of it. Issue with the chip tune system tend to be that they are one size fits all and given that every car is different, can either stress or work okay with the car, depending the circumstances.
Still in two minds - I guess I should wait until I get the car and see how happy I am with the stock 147 kw ;)

I'm guessing EDIT = Ecotec Direct Injection Turbo ?

I will hopefully have my car in the next week or so - very excited :)

Cheers,

Paul
Cheers,

Paul
(I work for GM Holden in manufacturing, my comments/opinions here are my own)


Theis
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: Chiptuning

Post by Theis » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 pm

anything new about chipping/remapping ? :)


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”