Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Chiptuning

39K views 65 replies 22 participants last post by  Malza 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

i got new Astra 1.4T 92KW, the dealer told me that the engine is exactly the same as the 110KW version, only difference is in software.
Do you have any info on this?

Id like to chip it just to 110KW, because if it really is the same engine, it should not make any problems.

Cheers

#2 ·
you have two options:-

1. use EDS remap - allows you to flash the ECU yourself
or
2. Contact Superchips direct as they are looking to get hold of a 'K' for development purposes, you will probably get a good incentive should you allow them to use your car

#3 ·
Im not from the UK.
Ive heard that its possible to get it tunder originaly by Opel without losing warranty, so i tried to calling to two Opel dealers but they both told me its bullshit :D

#12 ·
Probably resurrecting a dead thread by commenting here, but are Superchips still looking for a Astra K to test on? There is a branch local to me which I could drop my 1.6T into if they are still looking for a test vehicle.

#13 ·
Yes they are still looking...they had a 1.0 turbo booked in for this month but they have pulled out...same story for the other engines too...if you give them a ring or drop them an email you could end up with a discounted remap should you go ahead with it

#14 ·
JJ-Yorks said:
Yes they are still looking...they had a 1.0 turbo booked in for this month but they have pulled out...same story for the other engines too...if you give them a ring or drop them an email you could end up with a discounted remap should you go ahead with it
Ah cool, will give the Aberdeenshire branch a call and see what they say.

#15 ·
EvilScotsman said:
JJ-Yorks said:
Got in contact with Superchips about this, unfortunately they only do testing at their Buckingham site so the Aberdeen branch is a no go for myself. However, they seem to have got a partnership with a local VX garage and hope to get cars from them for testing sometime soon so finger crossed we will see something for the 1.6T sometime in the future.

#16 ·
EvilScotsman said:
EvilScotsman said:
JJ-Yorks said:
Got in contact with Superchips about this, unfortunately they only do testing at their Buckingham site so the Aberdeen branch is a no go for myself. However, they seem to have got a partnership with a local VX garage and hope to get cars from them for testing sometime soon so finger crossed we will see something for the 1.6T sometime in the future.
Has anyone tried https://www.amazon.de/RaceChip-Astra-147kW-Benzin-Chiptuning/dp/B01MXIYV6V ?

Interestingly, their site lists the product under Opel, but not Vauxhall! (Let alone Holden!!)

Cheers,

Paul

#17 ·
psmedley said:
EvilScotsman said:
Has anyone tried https://www.amazon.de/RaceChip-Astra-147kW-Benzin-Chiptuning/dp/B01MXIYV6V ?

Interestingly, their site lists the product under Opel, but not Vauxhall! (Let alone Holden!!)

Cheers,

Paul
Appears they have it on their website too: https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/opel/astra-k-from-2015/1-6-edit-1598ccm-200hp-147kw-280nm.html
Thought the engine is listed as a EDIT rather than SIDI which I thought it was.

Not so sure on tuner boxes any more now. Having spoken to a friend that does proper car re-mappings, he recommends doing it on a rolling road set-up with all the proper test equipment as the mapping will be built to suit the car and boost it so its running comfortably with the extra power being extracted out of it. Issue with the chip tune system tend to be that they are one size fits all and given that every car is different, can either stress or work okay with the car, depending the circumstances.

#18 ·
better with a remap but I am taking everything Superchips with a pinch of salt now as the story keeps changing regarding remaps for the Vauxhall engines. I am going to give them a little while longer but if they havent released one by end of the summer I will purchase the EDS IPF system where you flash your own ecu just like the Bluefin option from Superchips.

#19 ·
Hi mate,

EvilScotsman said:
psmedley said:
EvilScotsman said:

Cheers,

Paul
Appears they have it on their website too: https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/opel/astra-k-from-2015/1-6-edit-1598ccm-200hp-147kw-280nm.html
Thought the engine is listed as a EDIT rather than SIDI which I thought it was.

Not so sure on tuner boxes any more now. Having spoken to a friend that does proper car re-mappings, he recommends doing it on a rolling road set-up with all the proper test equipment as the mapping will be built to suit the car and boost it so its running comfortably with the extra power being extracted out of it. Issue with the chip tune system tend to be that they are one size fits all and given that every car is different, can either stress or work okay with the car, depending the circumstances.
Still in two minds - I guess I should wait until I get the car and see how happy I am with the stock 147 kw ;)

I'm guessing EDIT = Ecotec Direct Injection Turbo ?

I will hopefully have my car in the next week or so - very excited :)

Cheers,

Paul

#23 ·
After last ECU update it turns out that my ECU is now PASSWORD PROTECTED, so I cannot map my ECU any more! I turned my attention to tdi-tuning. They do tuning boxes, claiming 205bhp/413nM torque. Bought it today, will give you my feedback asap. Despite the name, the do all sort of tunes.

#26 ·
Hi Mate!
What do you specifically mean by "problematic". Sensors on cat and dpf are not affected so in worst case scenario dpf cleaning procedure will happen more often, I guess. If you have more insight in the matter, please share.

Thanks,
Luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.