Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
casuk

Fault

Post by casuk » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:25 am

Hi all after having an abs and esc lights come on I went and bought a scanner an ancel ad610 elite goes up to a 2016 anyway still no abs faults but I did find this just wondering what it is, if it's faulty and how do I sort it out

IMG_20210406_125444.jpg

IMG_20210406_125452.jpg

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Fault

Post by Redman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:32 am

Hi

You get things like that if the camera fuse has been removed with the ignition on. That fault is historic and "not present" if I am understanding it right, so no cause for concern. Have had it myself and just cleared it with my scanner.
Is your esc/abs light coming on due to low battery voltage at the module when first starting the car?
A lot have had this due to battery not being charged enough due to age of battery or infrequent car use due to lockdown. In this case it may not store codes in the module. I wonder if the camera module is getting reduced voltage when the car is first started from cold. It appears to pass then fail on the driving cycle

casuk

Re: Fault

Post by casuk » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Thanks mate I'll clear it tomorrow, my abs and esc would come to on at random, only when I was driving for a bit and in the rain, since the weather has been better it's not come back on either of them, battery was checked yesterday and it's all fine, I'll just wait to it comes back and I'll scan it see what comes up, IV had my discs and pads changed since tho so not sure if that could have something to do with it