Front Windscreen Wiper Control Module

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Front Windscreen Wiper Control Module

Post by Redman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:49 pm

I don't think the astra is the only make of car to have this problem. The corrugated hose must have always run that way, under the floor within the wiring loom on most of the astra models. The bcm was moved to that position in the passenger footwell on the astra k, whereas the astra j had the bcm mounted in the centre console below the radio.

ajh

Post by ajh » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:08 pm

So I’ve finally got my car back after waiting
3 months for the Body Control Module to arrive from back order with Vauxhall in Germany. Everything is now fixed and back to normal and Vauxhall paid for it all even though the car is 6 months out of warranty. The cause if the problem was a split rear screen wash pipe that poured water into the very expensive control module. They have also fixed that with the Vauxhall pipe repair kit! So if anyone experiences strange behaviour with the windscreen wipers not working and auto day/night on the display going haywire then check you haven’t got a rear screen wash leaking pipe problem!

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Good long awaited result in the end then.

Dont forget to use a 50/50% screen wash to water mix of good quality now, certainly during the winter months. Also make sure you fill the rear wash line right up to the nozzle by operating it for a while once your screenwash mixture is in the tank.