bye bye astra

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
tickled trout

bye bye astra

Post by tickled trout » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:21 pm

hi.after several months on this forum, sadly i have to say adios.as much as i loved to drive my astra sports tourer 1.6cdti sri,reluctantly i downsized to a corsa yesterday.i think having the astra has probably put me off diesels for good.several weeks ago i had the engine management light come on(emissions).car was juddering with a small loss of power.took it to vauxhall dealers and was told it was the crank reluctor ring censor and that a quick re program would solve it.then i had the light come on again, booked in again only to be told i had a sticking valve.booked in again, they had the car 3 days and could not guarantee that it wouldn't,happen again and was advised to add some additive to the fuel and to top up every 1 in 4ish with premium diesel.when the light came on the 2nd time ,it happened on the motorway doing 70 when i suddenly had a power loss down to40 ish in the 3rd lane.talk about brown pants time.so when not if it happens again, apart from being dangerously don't want a massive garage bill when the car is out of warranty, hence the change to the cross.petrol of course.has been a pleasure.thanks.

Return to “Faults & Technical”