Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Stone Chips

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Ivanzu 
#1 ·
Hello,

Its no big secret the paint is very thin on the astra and is prone to stone chips more than you would expect.

Has anyone had any luck trying to get the bonnet and bumper resprayed under vx warranty because of excessive stone chips?

My brother law has a astra gtc vxr only 2 year old and phoned vauxhall and said the car was covered in stone chips and is excessive to what you'd expect on any other car of the age and mileage. After little hesitation vauxhall booked the car in to the local dealer so they can take photographs and send them to head office. Lone behold they have agreed to respray the bumper and bonnet and replaced all four alloy wheels because there was slight erosion.

My astra is only a year old and already stone chips are a nightmare so i'm considering giving it another year and trying my luck.

#4 ·
The guy whole detailed my car said it was very thin. Below average for most new cars. However, I had mine done with SiRamik and it seems to have helped a lot. I've got one or two bad ones in the bit in front of the bonnet and bumper but nothing as bad as what people have said.

I'd have expected more on a car with 20K miles on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.