Tyre Valve

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Yozza
Astra Model: 2016 1.6 CDTI SRI Sports Tourer
Astra Colour: Summit White

Tyre Valve

Post by Yozza » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi guys i'm after some advice. While on my way to work about a month ago some idiot tried to force me off the road. In the process I ended up kerbing my n/s/f wheel and taking a chunk out of the side wall. I will be eventually replacing that tyre. Also it must of either damaged or dislodged the tyre valve as I am now loosing air from, I think the base of the valve.

I have spoken to the dealer and they have told me that the whole TPMS for that wheel would have to be replaced at a cost of between £50-£90.

What I would like to know is can the tyre valve be resealed. If not can just the valve be replaced on its own.

Thanks in advance.
Vauxhall Astra SRI Sports Tourer 1.6 CDTI in Summit White

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Re: Tyre Valve

Post by danh23 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:44 pm

From what I understand is if you get the valve replaced you'll need to reset all tpms on all the other wheels aswell
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

tgwallbank
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6 cdti Auto
Astra Colour: Flipchip Silver

Post by tgwallbank » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:50 am

I recently had a tiny air leak between valve stem and alloy wheel. I got a mobile tyre fitter to replace the valve stem with a new one. He was able to put the old tpms sensor on the new stem.

Fizzydrink
Astra Model: Astra k 1.4T Sri
Astra Colour: Black

Post by Fizzydrink » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:27 am

A few weeks back I had a leak in my front n/s valve maybe loosing about 5psi a week. I decided to go to kwikfit who confirmed it was indeed the valve that was leaking. Unfortunately they don't keep the valves. Ended up taking it to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty
1.4T SRI Carbon Flash

Yozza
Astra Model: 2016 1.6 CDTI SRI Sports Tourer
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Yozza » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Will take it into my dealer at the end of the month. Get them to replace the valve. Knowing my look will have to pay for it.
Vauxhall Astra SRI Sports Tourer 1.6 CDTI in Summit White

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm

I was losing about 3 psi per week so didn't sound like a puncture. Took it into local Kwik FIt and they replaced the valve stem (they carry a few) and lo and behold the situation seems fine now. No TPMS reprogramming required as the same sensor is on the same wheel. Cost about £16.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Return to “Faults & Technical”