Service: Steering Column Lock

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: Service: Steering Column Lock

Post by Scotty_b » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:53 pm

It won't, its just the sensor. You'll be fine.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

ipettkov
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6T AT 2018
Astra Options: Winter 2, AGR, Nav, LED, OPC interior pack, P pack
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by ipettkov » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Yeah, Im driving like this for 1 month now.
Astra K 1.6T AT
17" Alloys, Winter 2 pack, OPC interior pack( perforated steering wheel, aluminim pedals, sports mode & black ceiling),AGR semi-electric, Parking pack( rear cam,BSP), IntelliNav with Matrix LED Headlights

ipettkov

Post by ipettkov » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:06 am

Yeah but the sensor tells the computer whether or not to lock the steering wheel. But I'm also pretty much sure that they've made it impossible to lock while the car is running. Hope so.
Astra K 1.6T AT
17" Alloys, Winter 2 pack, OPC interior pack( perforated steering wheel, aluminim pedals, sports mode & black ceiling),AGR semi-electric, Parking pack( rear cam,BSP), IntelliNav with Matrix LED Headlights

ipettkov

Post by ipettkov » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Went for service and they checked it. A new module is ordered on the way. The idiots told me they couldn't lock the steering wheel not even once. I bet that they don't know the steering wheel locks after the driver door is opened after the engine is turnes off. I lock it 8 out of 10 times lol.
Astra K 1.6T AT

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 pm

This may sound like a silly question but Vauxhall/opel build a Astra surely the dealership should have every error codes the symptoms and to look up me files. If a message come up they can find it on there portal supplied by opel. If this come up they looked steering column fail. This is the caused remedy is ABC you get my drift need new whatever module. After complete reset ecu. Technican just hook up to laptop if nothing found then your a liar. I don't think I ever seen a dirty mechanic. Back in the day overalls would be dirty face black with grease hands black with oils proper grafting now they to pampers. This was the problem. This is what the laptop missed. Fault finding :roll: those days are long gone

Return to “Faults & Technical”