Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Creaking noise is back.

36K views 61 replies 14 participants last post by  Andrew 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My new K has only covered a little over 800 miles and I too already have the same creaking noise, mine sounds worse at the front driver's side area. Surely this can't be the droplinks so soon?

In the next few days, I'm going to empty the boot (ST) glove box and all cubby holes just to make sure it's not a noise I've created.

#3 ·
FiestaRed said:
My new K has only covered a little over 800 miles and I too already have the same creaking noise, mine sounds worse at the front driver's side area. Surely this can't be the droplinks so soon?

In the next few days, I'm going to empty the boot (ST) glove box and all cubby holes just to make sure it's not a noise I've created.
Already had my droplinks replaced a while ago for same issue. Now sounds worse than it was before. Booked in for this Saturday see what they say.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
JamesC said:
I have something similar, but mine is nowhere near as loud or consistent as that. Just the same noise but quieter/less consistent...Booked in for Thursday so let's hope it gets fixed!! Not good seeing this is the 3rd time for you :( fingers crossed.
I know mate :(

#7 ·
FiestaRed said:
jonathaneuk said:
Already had my droplinks replaced a while ago for same issue. Now sounds worse than it was before. Booked in for this Saturday see what they say.

Did changing the droplinks cure the problems when it was first done Jonathane?
Yes it did. Then came straight back

#9 ·
Well cars in the garage .

They have gave me a Grandland X Sport as a courtesy car. Lovely to drive and feel very solid built.

Awaiting phone call now to advise me what's going on with the car.
Will keep yous updated.

Jonny

#10 ·
jonathaneuk said:

They have gave me a Grandland X Sport as a courtesy car. Lovely to drive and feel very solid built.

Will keep yous updated.

Jonny

Once it's sorted can you update us on all work and parts changed and if possible part numbers.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#11 ·
cornishtaz said:
jonathaneuk said:

Will keep yous updated.

Jonny

Once it's sorted can you update us on all work and parts changed and if possible part numbers.
Thanks

Will do mate. I've told them I'm not accepting the car back until it's done.

#12 ·
jonathaneuk said:
cornishtaz said:
jonathaneuk said:

Will keep yous updated.

Jonny

Thanks

Good on ya.

Mines lowered so need to fix it myself as nit covered under warranty any more. I've already replaced the drop links.

#13 ·
cornishtaz said:
jonathaneuk said:
cornishtaz said:
Thanks

Good on ya.

Mines lowered so need to fix it myself as nit covered under warranty any more. I've already replaced the drop links.

Oh yeah. I think it's droplinks again like or maybe anti roll bar. You know strange thing is. Only makes creaking noise when I've drove it for a while

Jonny

#15 ·
Weird one for me...and sorry I didn't update earlier. Got the car back last Thursday, and they did the following:

1. An ECU update (yeah I know...explain that one!!)
2. Drained all oil, replaced oil filter, filled up with brand new oil.

They said that I was on minimum oil which should not have been the case for a 7 month old car!

All pushed through on warranty. Funny story, they wouldn't give me a courtesy car as I am 20! Nonetheless, car has been OK since, so hope you get it sorted Jonny.

#16 ·
JamesC said:
Weird one for me...and sorry I didn't update earlier. Got the car back last Thursday, and they did the following:

They said that I was on minimum oil which should not have been the case for a 7 month old car!

All pushed through on warranty. Funny story, they wouldn't give me a courtesy car as I am 20! Nonetheless, car has been OK since, so hope you get it sorted Jonny.
Hi.

Strange I would be more worried why it's lost oil ? That's what I would be questioning. Yeah I think age is 21?.

Yeah so hopefully mine is just wishbone and that's the end

Jonny

#17 ·
jonathaneuk said:
JamesC said:

Hi.

Strange I would be more worried why it's lost oil ? That's what I would be questioning. Yeah I think age is 21?.

Jonny

Yeah I questioned that, and they don't think it was filled up to the correct amount, and wasn't rectified at the PDI stage. They have confirmed there is no leak. Strange, but there you go :lol:

#18 ·
JamesC said:
jonathaneuk said:
JamesC said:

Hi.

Jonny

Yeah I questioned that, and they don't think it was filled up to the correct amount, and wasn't rectified at the PDI stage. They have confirmed there is no leak. Strange, but there you go [emoji38]
Im glad ha ha there shouldn't be leaks on a new car ha ha

#19 ·
JamesC said:
jonathaneuk said:
JamesC said:

Hi.

Jonny

Yeah I questioned that, and they don't think it was filled up to the correct amount, and wasn't rectified at the PDI stage. They have confirmed there is no leak. Strange, but there you go [emoji38]
Another reason for doing basic weekly checks, all modern cars do use a bit of oil

#20 ·
jonathaneuk said:
So. Vauxhall rang me. Car requires a new control arm for it which I thinks the wishbone?

Ordered it for next week so getting done next week.

Jonny

Good news might have to order a couple of wishbones. If you can get the part number that would be brilliant.

#21 ·
cornishtaz said:
jonathaneuk said:
So. Vauxhall rang me. Car requires a new control arm for it which I thinks the wishbone?

Ordered it for next week so getting done next week.

Jonny

Good news might have to order a couple of wishbones. If you can get the part number that would be brilliant.

I'll see what I can do buddy. I'll get back to you.

Jonny

#22 ·
So got car back from garage.

Drove to work this morning. Creaking noise is still there! Waste of time them changing the bottom arm !

Gonna ring them this morning when they open ! Grrrr

Jonny

#23 ·
Hi yes I have also noticed this creaking noise when parking in my garage. It doesn't seem to do it every time but I did read on another thread that VX have said that it is normal and just a characteristic of the power steering!!
Keep us informed if you get any success.

#24 ·
Astra17 said:
Hi yes I have also noticed this creaking noise when parking in my garage. It doesn't seem to do it every time but I did read on another thread that VX have said that it is normal and just a characteristic of the power steering!!
Keep us informed if you get any success.
Yeah took it down...they said it's not normal and sounds like worn bushes. Could be possibly the anti roll bars or suspension struts1. It's booked back in for Monday for them to have another look at.

Jonny

#25 ·
jonathaneuk said:
Yeah took it down...they said it's not normal and sounds like worn bushes. Could be possibly the anti roll bars or suspension struts1. It's booked back in for Monday for them to have another look at.

Jonny

There seems to be a number of owners experiencing the same problem with the 'creaking' noise. Please keep us all informed how you get on Jonathan.

#26 ·
FiestaRed said:
jonathaneuk said:

Jonny

There seems to be a number of owners experiencing the same problem with the 'creaking' noise. Please keep us all informed how you get on Jonathan.
Will do buddy

Jonny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.