After car repaired ( pistons or engine )

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Leea

After car repaired ( pistons or engine )

Post by Leea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Hello crew . This is for anyone out of the gang who have had the pistons repaired , or new engine because of the known troubles of the certain engines . After your car has been repaired , what are peoples thoughts on the cars performance . Is it just the same , feel more powerfull , or feel more sluggish , . Just wondering if anyone feels any differnce with the engine repair , or new engine ?

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: After car repaired ( pistons or engine )

Post by Redman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:49 am

Leea wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 pm
Hello crew . This is for anyone out of the gang who have had the pistons repaired , or new engine because of the known troubles of the certain engines . After your car has been repaired , what are peoples thoughts on the cars performance . Is it just the same , feel more powerfull , or feel more sluggish , . Just wondering if anyone feels any differnce with the engine repair , or new engine ?
What are your thoughts on your engine now?

There is supposed to be a software update for the 1.4T that is to stop lspi. You would be in a good position with the dealer to get it done seeing as you have spent a lot of money with them. The new oil does seem to work well to stop lspi.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2855&start=410

adewolves

Re: After car repaired ( pistons or engine )

Post by adewolves » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:40 pm

I have had my car back after 4 weeks while they replaced the pistons in mine 1.4T petrol. Car feels great. May be due to having 2 pretty poor hire cars in those 4 weeks but my astra feels better than ever.

Return to “Faults & Technical”