Weak paint...

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Icy
Astra Model: Astra K Innovation
Astra Options: Intellilux LED
Astra Colour: Cosmic grey

Re: Weak paint...

Post by Icy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 am

I am from Europe so driving on right hand side... But most of damage is on driver side. Bonnet, doors, left arch.... On passenger side is ok. Arch like new.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm

I think i will sell this car and exchange it for something better.
i will loose money and i will miss some features (matrix led, good infotainment...)... But i think Hyundai i30 is better car quality wise...

Today i noticed also damage on ROOF. Many tiny marks... Most on driver side. Paint is literally falling off this car.

If i complain i will not get anything...

Very disappointed in quality of car... Paint is horrible. Now whole interior rattles. Now rattles even in front doors at low speeds...

Steel_Blade
Astra Model: Not yet.

Post by Steel_Blade » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Had mine for best part of two years now. Don't really look after it much, gets the odd wash perhaps once a month on average. Drive all over the place, and recently had to drive behind, and past both ways, the dreaded gritters (if only it was just grit!). Not a mark on the car I would describe as any sort of stone chip. Plenty of marks where I've tried to demolish the neighbour's wall or my own garage, but nothing I could class as unexplained damage. Is the paint quality really so variable? To be fair to the dealers / Vauxhall, how the hell do they know what you've been driving through to get the damage?
(Ordered 24/3/16) Power Red Elite Nav 1.6i 200PS with :
18 inch bi-colour alloys, Parking Pack, Smartphone holder, Steel spare wheel, Driving assistance pack 1, Keyless entry and start, IntelliLux LED headlights, Power driver's seat. Collected 10/6/16.

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Ivanzu » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Mine is pretty good, had a car for about a year and zero stone chips and nothing rattles.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:07 pm

That is strange!

As i said my is year all and driver side is covered in stone chips! From rear doors to front bumper!
Previously owned Astra J for 7 years and it was in better condition after all those years than one year old Astra K.

I would exchange it for Sports Tourer (petrol) but i am afraid that color would be the same. Very soft, weak...

Strange is that some of you dont have any problems with color.
But i care after my car. Wash it almost every weekend or at least once every two weeks. And now this. Paint is almost falling of by itself.

Crosseyxpower
Astra Model: Sri nav
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Crosseyxpower » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:20 pm

I've had to go over the front end of mine constantly with a touch up pen and with only being 18 months old has more chips and scuffs on the front than my 15 year old mg zr that i never wash or polish! After 5 years of ownership I can see us all having to have the complete front end of our cars resprayed! How can this be so?

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:17 am

Here is video about doors... Rattle in doors...
1 year old car. Are you kidding me Opel???
I will sell this junk...
Read description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZkcMPGwoPU

ScotsDude
Astra Model: SRI 1.6 CDTI 175bhp
Astra Options: Nav
Astra Colour: Flipchip Silver

Post by ScotsDude » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:45 am

The paint is poor on mine,i look after it,washed and waxed etc but still got stone chips all over the front worse than any other car i have had so paint is pretty crap.

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6d (136) SRI NAV AUTO
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Boroboy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:05 pm

I own a 2016 (July) K 1.6d Sri. Has now covered 18k. Only had it a week. It's in flip chip silver. Silver with a slight blue to it. Dose not seem to be doing too bad on the stone chip front, although if you look very closely there's quite a few minor scratches around it. I've owned J's and H's in the past that seemed very bad for stone chips. Especially in black. Light silver being a boring colour, although seems very practical.
Astra 1.6d (136) SRI NAV AUTO

BRUCE225
Astra Model: ASTRA SRI VX-LINE NAV
Astra Colour: DEEP SKY BLUE

Post by BRUCE225 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Finston Pickle wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:35 am
Scuffed the bumper of mine with the wheelbarrow - it left a white make.

The next time I washed the car the scuff disappeared - wierd, but good!
The wife keeps getting the white marks on the paint work, we have a massive argument because they look like a big scratch but yet just wash off to my surprise, never apologize though :lol: :lol: ..the argument always the same how comes it's me that noticed the marks yet she never notices anything.

Return to “Faults & Technical”