Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Piston 1 issues

20K views 72 replies 12 participants last post by  Leea 
#1 ·
Hello everyone is lee . I,m a newbie on here . Had to create an account as i,m in bit of a pickle with my 2016 astra 1.4 150 turbo . Had car in bristol street motors ( sunderland ) today and it has the piston 1 issue . they said they cant touch it under warrany because of lack of service history . Anybody know what sort of price cash wise i am looking at getting done by bristol street that way ? Thanks .....

#5 ·
The OP says it's a 2016 with lack of service history.

I do agree though, it's a known fault and should be fixed under warranty. But if the OP hasn't kept to what the warranty says, then technically they can refuse to do it under warranty.

#9 ·
Leea said:
Yes bloody motorpoint who i bought it from said they service cars if it needs them and the car had 11000 miles when i bought it but they obs lied to hetvthe sale as nothinh on service book
Well if they lied and told you it was serviced when it wasn't, then it's their fault the warranty terms aren't met!

Now you've told us that, you have every right to demand it's fixed under warranty! :lol:

#14 ·
They should do yeah but maybe the company did they're own services to keep costs down and didn't bother getting it stamped or including paperwork when sold to motorpoint.

I agree with Ivanzu, no way I'd be paying into the thousands for motorpoint's mistake, especially on a 2 year old car!

#15 ·
Hi
I bought my last astra j from motor point Burnley and they tend to be ex rental cars. My car was advertised as serviced but had no stamps in book . Rang dealership who had stamped the 1st page of the service book as they had supplied the car to whoever from new, and they had records of the service on their system. Supplied me with proof and said if I sent them the service book they would stamp it. Good job really had a warranty claim later

#19 ·
The previous owner was scot group in exeter . I googled them and they are a car rental company . I wasn,t told this by motorpoint so they are braking the consumer protection from unfair tradading regulations entitling me to compensation .

#20 ·
Leea said:
The previous owner was scot group in exeter . I googled them and they are a car rental company . I wasn,t told this by motorpoint so they are braking the consumer protection from unfair tradading regulations entitling me to compensation .
Happy days! ;) warranty job it is!

#21 ·
How old was the car when you bought it, and how long have you had it for? You say it had 11000 miles on the clock, the service interval on the petrols is 18000 miles or 12 months. if the car was less than 12 months old when you got it then it wasn't due a service. If it was over 12 months old it should have been done.

#22 ·
Leea said:
Seems a shaddy area with no one enforcing the rule.

Did they hide this from you or did you not ask?? was it a rental car or a Company car for the Scot Group??

What age and mileage was on the car when you purchased it wasn't there any alarm bells ringing i.e 10,000 miles 6 months old.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/87084/ex-rental-cars-for-sale-with-histories-hidden-by-dealers

#23 ·
Leea said:
Bugger, an ex-rental 1.4 turbo could potentially give problems.
Hope you get it all sorted out.

#24 ·
It only says was owned scot group in exeter . I googled it out interest yesterday and found out it was a car rental place . I phoned them today and the lady at reception confirmed they owned it . As for having 11000 miles in 6 months , i thought it could been owned by a rep or something . Ive only done 7000 miles in a year .

#26 ·
Ah didn't realise it was only 6 months old, that changes things then, as BRUCE225 says, that's down to you at the correct mileage/year - whatever comes first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.