Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Doors not opening

11K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  connor.b1 
#1 ·
Has any one had the problem of there doors not opening from the inside or out.my rear driver side door will not open and I have it booked in with vauxhall for them to look at and I'm hoping it still under warranty but my only problem is the car is modified,it has its windows tinted,exhaust and lowered 40mm.now I no there a bit iffy when it comes to modification but nothing has been modified to the door its self.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
The warranty is only void if it's on parts you modified. Unless they can prove that one of those modifications have lead to the door not opening, you'll be fine.

#7 ·
JJ-Yorks said:
Did the window tinting company take the door cards off? they could have damaged something so I would say the dealership will use this as an excuse and say it's not covered by warranty...Good luck
Granted but in one of the manuals you get with the car,it says any thing modified can affect the warranty but in the next paragraph it says any thing else that is still standard is still covered by the warranty and I mean the door card is not modified in any way and neither is the handles,locks or any thing else that could make it lock up and not be able to open. That's going to be my reply if they say anything about it not being covered any way. It's a fault with the car and nothing I have done to course it,I've seen a couple of other people have had this problem so in my eyes it's a common thing for them and at the end of the day it's safety. If I have a crash with my little girl in the back and that's the only door I can get to and it won't open because of a fault then that's really dangerous. Thanks for the heads up tho.

#8 ·
connor.b1 said:
JJ-Yorks said:
Did the window tinting company take the door cards off? they could have damaged something so I would say the dealership will use this as an excuse and say it's not covered by warranty...Good luck
Granted but in one of the manuals you get with the car,it says any thing modified can affect the warranty but in the next paragraph it says any thing else that is still standard is still covered by the warranty and I mean the door card is not modified in any way and neither is the handles,locks or any thing else that could make it lock up and not be able to open. That's going to be my reply if they say anything about it not being covered any way. It's a fault with the car and nothing I have done to course it,I've seen a couple of other people have had this problem so in my eyes it's a common thing for them and at the end of the day it's safety. If I have a crash with my little girl in the back and that's the only door I can get to and it won't open because of a fault then that's really dangerous. Thanks for the heads up tho.

They could say that the window tinting company have damaged something, even if their work didn't cause it. Car dealers will do anything to avoid it coming out of their pocket.

#9 ·
davidw said:
connor.b1 said:
JJ-Yorks said:

They could say that the window tinting company have damaged something, even if their work didn't cause it. Car dealers will do anything to avoid it coming out of their pocket.
I do see what your saying and understand that but I bought the car with the tinted windows and I did all of the other mods when I had the car so I know the car place I brought it from didn't sell me a car without a working door as I didn't get it from vauxhall,I got it from Bristol Street motors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.