Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Front passenger door wind noise

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sokarbar 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have an Aussie delivered MY16 1.4T Auto.

Love the car but but a really loud wind noise when travelling > 80kmh coming from the top corner of the front passenger door (next to the B Pillar).

Firstly does anyone else have this issue? And secondly any ideas on a simple fix or is it off to the dealer again?

Cheers

Andrew

#4 ·
Get a torx key or socket of the correct size and loosen the 2 door keeper bolts on the b pillar and push it further in. Then re-tighten the bolts, there isn't a great deal of adjustment, but it does have an effect on the seal fit at the door top and the height of the door.

#5 ·
Redman said:
Get a torx key or socket of the correct size and loosen the 2 door keeper bolts on the b pillar and push it further in. Then re-tighten the bolts, there isn't a great deal of adjustment, but it does have an effect on the seal fit at the door top and the height of the door.
Thanks for the advice, will try for sure. You achieved to reduce wind noise in the top with this adjustment?

Just to be sure I'm making well, you have any photo or indication of the exact bolts you are referring to?

Thanks!

#7 ·
Hi, tried to do the adjustment of the doors holders, but found the following problems:

- The door holder is a piece of metal attached to the car's body by two bolts, by means of simple holes. I mean, there are not slots or any mean to move the holder to another position.. you can try with the holes tolerances but that's all...

- I was able to unscrew an minimally adjust the position on the driver's door, but the passenger door was impossible.. too hard

So... Unfortunatelly I did not reduce my wind noise issue :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.