no clutch pressure

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
PACMANIA

Re: no clutch pressure

Post by PACMANIA » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Just got my car back have to order a master cylinder for the car. So my car going back next week. All under warranty anyway so have to drive back upto Worcester from London. So cannot really complain got a courtesy car and when I come back will get another one. It's a good job I have mates who live up here otherwise would of been boring as hell

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:37 am

My car in the dealership today gonna fixed the clutch issue I think they changing the lot master and slave cylinder. So hopefully no problems afterward.

K30VBW

Post by K30VBW » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:58 am

Mines is a 66 plate sitting at around 6,000 miles and my clutch pedal just dropped a fortnight ago. A few pumps and I got it working again but it's going into Vauxhall this week for some kind of "clutch pipe recall"?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:54 am

Clutch issue all good now no problem fingers x feel like a different car now through the gears

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 pm

Guess what boys and girls my partner was driving yesterday. I wasn’t with her but the clutch as gone again. Peddle when to the ground she had to used her foot to lift it up. It’s turn out they only replace a seal in the gear box. I insisted that they changed the lot. My missues want me to get rid of the car and either get a brand new one or get our money back. I said I give Vauxhall a chance to retified the fault 1st otherwise I may get rid of it now. If that the case I will missed my matrix lights just over 6000 miles on clock. There is a design fault

jinky70
Astra Model: 1.4 turbo 125 energy 5 door
Astra Options: Winter pack heated steering wheel and seats and mi
Astra Colour: red

Post by jinky70 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 pm

My clutch sometimes stick to floor took it back about 5 times they say it's fixed but sometimes it does it again especially in stop and go traffic gave up going back been in and out with the car for various problems since bought it.
My car is the 1.4 turbo 125 energy in red

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Jinky70 get them to replace the master and slave cylinder . Tell them the rac had a look at it and slave need replacement keep hassle the if not demand a replacement car know your rights as a consumer. If your dealer won’t listen go to another one I presumed it under warranty. Bunch of Mickey Mouse cowboys. Demand that it get change say the rac said the same thing slave and master need changing

Brin D

Post by Brin D » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Had this issue with my Jan 16 Astra K, firstly last September when they replaced the clutch pipe, then again early Jan when the same thing happened a long way from home. The dealership agreed it is a known fault and again replaced the pipe & elbow, claiming that these are new-designed parts to solve a problem which, if I understood them correctly, is the pipe lining degrading and contaminating the clutch fluid (which would be consistent with an intermittent and temporary symptom). The AA man who attended managed to restore pressure by getting his toe under the pedal and hauling it back up to full travel, then pumping it. Courtesy car provided, all done under warranty, can't grumble too much except at bad manufacture.

Cairnsy101
Astra Model: Elite
Astra Options: Parking Sensors
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by Cairnsy101 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 pm

My clutch got stuck to the floor this morning. RAC dude bled the cylinder, pumped it up, told me it was ok. I drove it a round the car park I luckily managed to get into felt exactly like it did 3 shifts before hitting the floor. Popped it on the trailer and deposited in at my dealer.

Will be at least a week before they can look at it due to lots of gearbox issues apparently.

The RAC dude spoke to one of the mechanics who said the master cylinders are rubbish and it’s common.

I’m just feeling lucky it did in happen coming off a round about or a junction causing a smash!! So dangerous when you think about it!!

I’m not impressed!
Elite 1.6 CDTi 110PS, Deep Sky Blue

Pagey89

Post by Pagey89 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Partner bought 16plate Astra elite cdti on Wednesday today she has lost clutch pressure. Reading aro7nd this seems a big issue.

Return to “Faults & Technical”